PDA

View Full Version : Which US ladies will make the World Team?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

ks777
12-10-2010, 10:30 PM
it's going to be Alissa and Mirai.

pinky166
12-10-2010, 10:33 PM

I agree the odds don't look great for Rachael, but what about Ashley? If Alissa makes mistakes at nationals and Ashley goes for her 3f-3t and 2a-3t, I think she'd be on the team. And then Agnes or Christina could spoil things too, they probably have the best jumps in the event and at nationals their PCS may be held up high enough to compete with the big girls.

ks777
12-10-2010, 10:42 PM
I agree the odds don't look great for Rachael, but what about Ashley? If Alissa makes mistakes at nationals and Ashley goes for her 3f-3t and 2a-3t, I think she'd be on the team. And then Agnes or Christina could spoil things too, they probably have the best jumps in the event and at nationals their PCS may be held up high enough to compete with the big girls.

But I don't remember Ashley ever skating clean. Always either falling or two footing many jumps.

pinky166
12-10-2010, 10:59 PM
But I don't remember Ashley ever skating clean. Always either falling or two footing many jumps.

Of she skates like she did at COR though, I think she'd have a very good shot. I feel bad for Ashley because she's a great skater but seems to get the short end of the stick a lot, maybe because her age or idk.

I love Alissa but I hope she retires soon just because I'd like to see Ashley have a chance to skate a big events like 4CC and Worlds before the new generation takes over. If Alissa medals at the GPF and goes to Worlds and does well there this season, I could see her retiring after this season and ending her career on a high note.

With all these skaters sticking around it makes things that much tougher and more confusing. If Rachael and Alissa aren't skating next season I think Ashley could potentially have a breakout season and gain a good reputation in the eyes of the international judges. The field just needs to be trimmed down a little, and I feel the same way about the Japanese field. Miki and Akiko are great but so are Kanako, Haruka, and Risa and I'd like to see those younger girls get a chance to shine sooner rather than later, because I feel like we've already seen the best of Miki and Akiko.

I also hope Christina, Agnes, Yasmin, and maybe even skaters like Lam and Cesario get the chance to establish themselves internationally and get noticed before 2014, but if the likes of Rachael, Alissa, Caroline are sticking around I feel the USFSA will continue to give them coveted international assignments and favorable judging at nationals even if they don't really earn it with their skating. Like with Ando and Suzuki, I feel we've seen Rachael, Alissa, and Caroline's best skating already. It's great to see Alissa doing so well now, but she's ALWAYS had the potential to do really well, and it's not like she's pushing herself technically this season. Maybe if she starts reeling off 3-3s it will prove she's a late bloomer, but if she continues to keep skating hot and cold with modest content, then I feel like we've seen enough of that already.

olympic
12-11-2010, 12:43 AM

Do you know what this would do to my nerves? :scream:

dinakt
12-11-2010, 01:09 AM
I love Alissa but I hope she retires soon just because I'd like to see Ashley have a chance to skate a big events like 4CC and Worlds before the new generation takes over. If Alissa medals at the GPF and goes to Worlds and does well there this season, I could see her retiring after this season and ending her career on a high note.
It's great to see Alissa doing so well now, but she's ALWAYS had the potential to do really well, and it's not like she's pushing herself technically this season. Maybe if she starts reeling off 3-3s it will prove she's a late bloomer, but if she continues to keep skating hot and cold with modest content, then I feel like we've seen enough of that already.

Not for me... I can watch Alissa forever. Let people who jump 3+3 beat her fair and square. And then I'll regret not seeing her style.
I actually love seeing somewhat older skaters win.
Alissa might not be breaking new ground technically, but if she pushes herself mentally it is just as difficult and I hope she finally gets rewards she deserves.

Marlowe
12-11-2010, 01:04 PM
I love Alissa but I hope she retires soon just because I'd like to see Ashley have a chance ....If Alissa medals at the GPF and goes to Worlds and does well there this season, I could see her retiring after this season and ending her career on a high note.

With all these skaters sticking around it makes things that much tougher .... If Rachael and Alissa aren't skating next season I think Ashley could potentially have a breakout season and gain a good reputation in the eyes of the international judges. The field just needs to be trimmed down a little...

I think that the cream will rise to the top, as they say. If Ashley has what it takes she'll rise to the top whether Alissa and Rachael keep skating or not.
I think that both Alissa and Rachael are still developing (maturing) and I'd like to see them stick around for as long as they like.
I think that if Ashley hasn't had her breakthrough moment it's because she simply hasn't had her breakthrough. It has nothing to do with Rachael or Alissa.

smarts1
12-11-2010, 01:17 PM
... Alissa just won the GPF................................. With the highest PCS of the night.... If she skates clean at Nationals, there's no doubt she's on the team.

JerseySlore
12-11-2010, 01:25 PM
I demand Alissa be on the team regardless of her placement in Nats. She's better than all the other girls. Suck it.

judgejudy27
12-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Czisny will now be put on the team if she even lands 3 triples. Pretty much book it. Her PCS and GOE will be scored (inflated if need be) to ensure it even in such a case. So that leaves only 1 spot (unless Czisny majorly bombs the short or lands even less than 3 triples).
I think that will go to Wagner or Nagasu.

DickButtonFan
12-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Alissa did beautifully, so happy for her!!!!

geod2
12-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Czisny will now be put on the team if she even lands 3 triples. Pretty much book it. Her PCS and GOE will be scored (inflated if need be) to ensure it even in such a case.

And your evidence, in advance of or "after-the-fact", of judges willfully lying and cheating and Konspiracy would be???
...beyond any disgreement you may have with how the judging panel sees it...

:rolleyes:

Jammers
12-11-2010, 02:39 PM
I hope to God that in another couple years we still aren't talking about the same skaters that we are now. Skaters like Rachael, Caroline and Ashley. If the younger skaters haven't passed them up in the next couple years Sochi is going to be an ugly time for ladies skating here in the USA. I figure that Alissa will have retired by then even with her resurgence. Rachael has peaked i believe and Caroline just is blah even with fixing her jumps the rest of her skating is average at best. Ashley always seems on the verge but doesn't come through when it counts. Of all the skaters that have come along in the last 3 years only Mirai has a chance to continue on and improve before Sochi.

judgejudy27
12-11-2010, 02:48 PM
And your evidence, in advance of or "after-the-fact", of judges willfully lying and cheating and Konspiracy would be???
...beyond any disgreement you may have with how the judging panel sees it...

:rolleyes:

I never said there was anything wrong with that. When a skater in a mostly non elite group of U.S women currently wins the GP final everything should be done to make sure they go to Worlds. And with her spins, spirals, and PCS legitimately being better than the other U.S girls it makes it easier to give her a cushion now that she has given them real reason too. Take a chill pill already. :rolleyes:

geod2
12-11-2010, 03:11 PM
... everything should be done to make sure they go to Worlds. And with her spins, spirals, and PCS legitimately being better than the other U.S girls it makes it easier to give her a cushion now that she has given them real reason too.

ITA with regard to any USFSA decision.....my comment was only about the judges, JudgeJudy.
Our expectations and standards for them are different, as I understand it.
I said nothing about who should legitemately go to worlds...You answered very well to a totally different question than the one that I asked.
I'll ask again...what is your evidence that the judges will/are fraudulantly altering their scores to support a USFSA decision about who "should" go to Worlds???
It's a simple question....
I admit to growing weary of reading the automatic accusation and foregone conclusion that judging panels lie and cheat to align themselves with the assumed USFSA strategy .......without any shred of evidence.
...a sign of the times we live in, I guess.

Take a chill pill already. :rolleyes:

Point taken. Sorry.
;)