PDA

View Full Version : Which US ladies will make the World Team?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

Karpenko
12-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Czisny and Nagasu are our best bets this year, but Alissa is Alissa so who knows.

It'll probably end up the same as last years World team, but I think this year we have a very good shot at getting the 3 spots back (fingers crossed).

UGG
12-10-2010, 02:59 AM
I think it will end up Rachel and Mirai again with either Alissa or Ashley with the bronze. I think Rachel and Mirai are our best bet to get 3 spots.

smarts1
12-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Wow, looks like Alissa is going to be really tough to beat this season (if she skates clean... fingers crossed for LP)... She's in first place at the GPF. And her PCS are going through the roof!!! It's interesting to see how much PCS have changed over the past season. Does anyone know what's happening? Maybe the judges are making a way for new skaters...

victoriaheidi
12-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Not Czisny?

I think she'll win bronze. Not that I don't think she COULD reclaim the top spot, but I'm just not sure that she will this year (even though she's leading Flatt by nearly 20 points at the GPF, Nats is judged by US judges, and they love Flatt).

olympic
12-10-2010, 05:40 PM
OK.

I'm doubting my statements re Flatt v. Czisny after seeing the SP scores at the GPF :o

victoriaheidi
12-10-2010, 05:54 PM
OK.

I'm doubting my statements re Flatt v. Czisny after seeing the SP scores at the GPF :o

I'm not doubting mine-yet-but I do think that Rachael's injury is pretty limiting.

olympic
12-10-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm not doubting mine-yet-but I do think that Rachael's injury is pretty limiting.

I wonder if Rachael's injury is worse than earlier reported.... I understood around SA that she had tendonitis but was only off the ice for 1 week. Was she off the ice longer??

victoriaheidi
12-10-2010, 07:31 PM
I wonder if Rachael's injury is worse than earlier reported.... I understood around SA that she had tendonitis but was only off the ice for 1 week. Was she off the ice longer??

I read an interview she gave to Universal Sports where she said she was off for one week, but that she has never competed with an injury of this size and that her LP at SA left her in so much pain.

She also posted on FB this morning that she's not thrilled about her placement, but she's still happy she made the final.

I haven't seen her performance yet, but I can't think of a time she's scored that badly in years, so I, too, wonder if her injury is worse than reported.

[Also, can you imagine the reaction had Alissa and Carolina placed this well at the GPF last year? Two really impressive "comebacks" out of those ladies.]

judgejudy27
12-10-2010, 07:36 PM
I felt Flatt would miss the team this year and now with a poor showing at the GP final seemingly certain that forecast is only reinforced in my mind. It will give the USFSA an excuse to go with someone else. I am not saying that in glee by the way, I actually respect Flatt quite a bit and hoped her to do well at the GP final too, but that is my feeling now. And I dont know what the people who say the U.S judge love Flatt are smoking. She lost to a 3 triple Czisny in 2009. Last year she was the only one that did a triple-triple combo in the SP and was only 3rd in the SP. She won last year since she did 2 perfect programs with triple-triples and Nagasu had a bunch of underrotations, while Wagner and Cohen had so many mistakes.

museksk8r
12-10-2010, 07:58 PM
[Also, can you imagine the reaction had Alissa and Carolina placed this well at the GPF last year? Two really impressive "comebacks" out of those ladies.]

:confused: Czisny and Kostner didn't qualify for the GPF last year. Besides, there's still the LP to go . . . this event is far from over. My hope is that they both finish 1 and 2 in any order, but you just never know with them.

smarts1
12-10-2010, 08:25 PM
:confused: Czisny and Kostner didn't qualify for the GPF last year. Besides, there's still the LP to go . . . this event is far from over. My hope is that they both finish 1 and 2 in any order, but you just never know with them.

If Murakami wins the GPF, I am going to explode (they need an emoticon for that).

victoriaheidi
12-10-2010, 09:32 PM

I don't mean at the GPF (I know they weren't there), I just mean in general.

olympic
12-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I felt Flatt would miss the team this year and now with a poor showing at the GP final seemingly certain that forecast is only reinforced in my mind. It will give the USFSA an excuse to go with someone else. I am not saying that in glee by the way, I actually respect Flatt quite a bit and hoped her to do well at the GP final too, but that is my feeling now. And I dont know what the people who say the U.S judge love Flatt are smoking. She lost to a 3 triple Czisny in 2009. Last year she was the only one that did a triple-triple combo in the SP and was only 3rd in the SP. She won last year since she did 2 perfect programs with triple-triples and Nagasu had a bunch of underrotations, while Wagner and Cohen had so many mistakes.

Well, perhaps you're right. Maybe the US is looking for a pretty princess and Flatt doesn't really fit the bill.

I'm beginning to think Flatt will have to come from behind in the SP at Nats, considering the way she's been skating them. Upthread, it was mentioned that this is the worst injury she's had to deal with which probably explains alot and also saddens me

judgejudy27
12-10-2010, 09:47 PM
I think she should have probably skipped the GP final since there was alot of talk of her injury worsening before. I think a rest would have been the best thing. Perhaps she felt it was important to skate really well there and make an impression ahead of Nationals. However I think having qualified and not skated due to injury would have looked better for her going into Nationals then what is now likely going to be a last place finish at the GP final. And whats worse is what kind of shape will the injury be in for Nationals now. Fortunately she has some more time.

pinky166
12-10-2010, 10:29 PM
I think she should have probably skipped the GP final since there was alot of talk of her injury worsening before. I think a rest would have been the best thing. Perhaps she felt it was important to skate really well there and make an impression ahead of Nationals. However I think having qualified and not skated due to injury would have looked better for her going into Nationals then what is now likely going to be a last place finish at the GP final. And whats worse is what kind of shape will the injury be in for Nationals now. Fortunately she has some more time.

If Rachael does well in the FS tomorrow, the USFSA will just focus on that. Instead of saying Rachael finished 6th at the GPF they'll say she placed 3rd in the FS with an impressive routine (this is hypothetical of course). I think as long as she doesn't finish last in the FS tomorrow it won't hurt her too much. She's been injured and was just unlucky to have an off-night when 4 of the 6 other competitors all brought their A game. It happens.

If Kanako wins I will explode with joy! She's so cute :). I'm not all that impressed by her skating but if she gets the job done with the jumps and Czisny and Kostner don't, well then she deserves to win. I'm not counting Miki out yet either....she and Morozov probably have some kind of plan.

The other thing is that if Alissa bombs tomorrow that also doesn't look good. I mean I could potentially forsee a situation where Czisny finishes 5th or 6th in the FS but still finishes like 3rd or 4th overall, and then Flatt finishes like 3rd in the FS but still ends up last. In that kind of situation I don't think the results of the GPF will particularly help or hurt either girl going into nationals.