PDA

View Full Version : Which US ladies will make the World Team?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

MikiAndoFan#1
11-30-2010, 06:06 PM
I would love to see Ashley and Alissa at Worlds.

:)

Polymer Bob
11-30-2010, 06:15 PM
I think Ashley has a good chance, and I am still hoping Caroline can whip herself into shape by Nationals.

museksk8r
11-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Flatt/Nagasu didn't do it in 2010.

Yes, many seem to forget that fact. ;)

Cheylana
11-30-2010, 06:28 PM
I don't know who will be the team, but I do think that Rachel and Mirai give us the best chance. Rachel is very reliable under pressure, and Mirai has a high scoring potential and can get it done too, her jumps will likely get better and more rotated as the season moves forward.

I adore Alissa's skating, but she is just not reliable when the pressure is on. Look how she kind of crumbled at TEB when she knew a chance at the GPF was on the line.

Flatt/Nagasu didn't do it in 2010.
But had the 2010 Olympics been the Worlds, we would have gotten the 3 spots back for 2011, which shows they are very capable of doing it. By the time Worlds rolled around, I think they were just too tired and burnt out. Even so, they were basically one missed double axel (Mirai) away from pulling it off.

briancoogaert
11-30-2010, 07:31 PM
I like Mirai and Rachael, but love Alissa's skating and really like Ashley's skating !
Very hard !

olympic
11-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Alissa is polling above Ashley

pinky166
11-30-2010, 07:59 PM
I think what happens at the GPF and JGPF will have an effect on the results. Rachael and Alissa will both be at the GPF, and if neither medals then I don't think it makes too big a difference who finishes ahead of the other. However, if one of them medals and the other doesn't do so well, I do think it will make a difference. Clean Alissa could win the whole thing or at least bring home silver, but she could also very easily finish in 6th place. As for Rachael, I don't think she will win but do think she has a good shot at silver or bronze depending on how others do. So if Alissa is say 2nd and Rachael 5th and they both skate pretty well there, Alissa will be heavy edge going into nationals. But if Rachael is say 3rd and Alissa 6th, then Rachael will be heavy edge going into nationals. If they are both say 4th and 5th, then I don't think it will hold much impact, sort of like we saw with Ashley last season.

The other thing is that if Christina can win gold at the JGPF I think that will help her chances of making the World team. I mean, Adelina Sotnikova has put up the highest overall score this season, so if Christina can defeat her at the JGPF, that looks really good. Even if she ends up 2nd, if her scores are up there with the 1st place finisher that will look really good. At this point Christina is probably the favorite to win bronze at the JGPF - behind Adelina and Liza, and if she does end up 3rd that will help her going into nationals but maybe not that much. If she finished OTP there then I suspect she might be held down in PCS at nationals.

Autumn_girl
11-30-2010, 09:03 PM
I think Mirai and Rachael. Alissa is inconsistent, but she has a chance too and so does Ashley. The younger girls will go to Junior Worlds I think. Agnes is good jumper and has decent spins, so maybe she can be on the podium if other girls will not skate clean. Christina needs to work on her skating skills, posture, lines, spins and presentation first, she is good junior skater, but not exceptional (and I think she has no chance against clean Liza and clean or almost clean Adelina at the JGPF) and not ready yet. BTW, why Lam is on the list? She is too young for Worlds anyway.
Personally I'd like to see Mirai and Ashley on the team

kittyjake5
11-30-2010, 11:31 PM
I think Ashley has a good chance, and I am still hoping Caroline can whip herself into shape by Nationals.

You are such a good fan PB. Poor Caroline did not even make this list.

I think the best team would be Alissa and Mirai.

Sylvia
11-30-2010, 11:34 PM
BTW, why Lam is on the list? She is too young for Worlds anyway.
Lam turned 15 this past June so she is old enough for Four Continents and Worlds this season, although Junior Worlds seems to be a more feasible option for her.

Poor Caroline did not even make this list.
Well, pinky166 is a big fan of Dobbs and Cesario. :D

oleada
11-30-2010, 11:38 PM
I voted Alissa and Mirai.

Yeah, we'll see how that goes. :shuffle:

olympic
11-30-2010, 11:47 PM
I voted Alissa and Mirai.

Yeah, we'll see how that goes. :shuffle:

Glutton for punishment are you? :P Wouldn't it be amazing if they both were mostly consistent?

oleada
11-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Glutton for punishment are you? :P Wouldn't it be amazing if they both were mostly consistent?

But their skating is soooo pretty! :fragile:

Did I mention I was a Sasha fan as well? I just can't resist the headcase types.

pinky166
11-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Well, pinky166 is a big fan of Dobbs and Cesario. :D

I was going to put Caroline on the list but I figured no one would vote for her. Overhauling technique is a 2 year process, so I don't think she'll be quite ready come nationals.

Lam is old enough for Worlds, I put her on the list where she skated so well at the JGP in Ostrava and beat Polina Shelepen.

If Adelina is clean or almost clean at the JGPF, I think you're right and Christina won't beat her, but I really think Christina can beat Liza, especially if Liza does not attempt or does not land the 3a. Liza is still pretty juniorish and doesn't have the best spins or presentation either, and the score she put up on her 1st JGP was not that impressive. I also think there's a good chance one of Adelina or Liza will mess up there, and if they do then Christina has a good shot at winning gold.

RunnersHigh
11-30-2010, 11:56 PM
Voted for Mirai and Alissa. Two alternatives are Gao and Zawadzki, young guns.