PDA

View Full Version : Yuna will skate to Giselle and 'Arirang'

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Lookingood
11-30-2010, 12:58 AM
:swoon::biggrinbo

JerseySlore
11-30-2010, 01:00 AM
With her lazy, unpointed toe I hardly think "Giselle" will work. Esp. after Yukari's spectacular version just recently...

-Bridget

I am wary too, but Nakano wasn't exactly known for her impeccable line and perfect toe points, so I wouldn't be entirely pessimistic.

invierno
11-30-2010, 01:02 AM
With her lazy, unpointed toe I hardly think "Giselle" will work. Esp. after Yukari's spectacular version just recently...

-Bridget

It's interesting you should mention Yukari because I don't see pointed toe there as well... I just saw wrapped legs. Nonetheless I liked the program.:D

I'm just very thrilled at this music choice! This will be a challenge for her for sure but I'm sure she'll make beautiful and impressive Giselle.
Yay, March, Come!!!

synawe
11-30-2010, 01:46 AM

-Bridget

It's like comparing Honda to Messi.

galaxy
11-30-2010, 01:49 AM
Sorry to interrupt. I am not so sure her "Arirang FP" will be very well received in Tokyo. Maybe it would be a little like performing "Bells of Moscow" in North America.

invierno
11-30-2010, 01:56 AM
Sorry to interrupt. I am not so sure her "Arirang FP" will be very well received in Tokyo. Maybe it would be a little like performing "Bells of Moscow" in North America.

Hm.... how about performing "Geisha" in China or in France? :D
I think the problem with "Bell" was the program itself rather than the title...

Indra486
11-30-2010, 02:01 AM
Music choices wouldn't be a problem if people had just left national politics out of sports. That's so 1936. ;)

I feel that both pieces of music are better suited for FS. If only Yuna had swapped one of them for her Gershwin and used that as a short for this season.

Spinner
11-30-2010, 02:06 AM

-Bridget

Let the war begin. :watch:

Copper
11-30-2010, 02:07 AM

I agree with you. There is no reason to think the non-Korean audience will be moved by "Arirang". In fact, I think she reduces her chance of winning by (i) performing Arirang in Japan, and (ii) not participating in other competitions prior to the Worlds. However, the dramatic effects she can generate by doing so is huge. With or without winning the title, her message to her countrymen will be delivered very effectively.

riveredge
11-30-2010, 02:08 AM
Thank God it's not Latin/Tango! :lol: Seriously..we don't know the choreography yet and I'm excited especially that Yuna is not known for her balletic moves and she will take this as a challenge. :D

victoriaheidi
11-30-2010, 02:10 AM
I love Yuna, but I don't think it's fair to her to assume that she'll win just because the field hasn't been so awesome so far. Who knows what Worlds will hold? Frankly, I don't think anyone actually does.

John 3 17
11-30-2010, 02:11 AM
I am wary too, but Nakano wasn't exactly known for her impeccable line and perfect toe points, so I wouldn't be entirely pessimistic.

That is true... I will say that Yukari at least had a firm toe, even if not pointed, whereas Yuna has a lazy and unpointed toe. I say, if a skater doesn't point, at least be firm like Elena Berezhnaya (fave skater of mine, too). Another thing in Yukari's favor was her wonderful facial expression which I personally don't get from Yuna.

We shall see :)

-Bridget

Fallcolor
11-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Giselle= Je l'adore! :cheer2:

I’ve always wanted to see this gal try something on the lines of Don Quixote (even though I swore that’s something I never wanted to see again after Hughes/Slutskaya performed to it), or something with a balletic style.
She is not a prima ballerina which means this choice is risky and a huge challenge. But of course, toe pointing and foot placing have been a concern for her, so this is a great vehicle for her to show her improvements. (I’m glad Peter is paying attention to her feet.:) Good on her!

RunnersHigh
11-30-2010, 02:18 AM

Don't worry it's not for you.
And there'll be about 40+ more musics on the day, the music will be just one of them. :lol:

galaxy
11-30-2010, 02:19 AM
I think the problem with "Bell" was the program itself rather than the title...

Yeah. I had partly agreed with you. I'm the one who think music choice is very important. Then I saw " The Bells" was pretty well received in Torino. The audience got excited and seemed they found no problem with the music and program. That was a little surprise for me. That's why.