PDA

View Full Version : Rockefeller Center/Bryant Park Tree Lightings

10J
11-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Anyone know which skaters are performing at the Rockefeller Center tree lighting and the Bryant Park tree lighting in NYC?

nylynnr
11-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Michael Weiss will perform at the Bryant Park tree lighting Dec. 2.

Frau Muller
12-01-2010, 05:28 PM
As everyone knows by now who tuned into the Rock Center tree-lighting show last night, there were no skaters and, in fact, the ice rink was covered to make room for spectators. BOO!!!

lizny
12-01-2010, 06:29 PM
As everyone knows by now who tuned into the Rock Center tree-lighting show last night, there were no skaters and, in fact, the ice rink was covered to make room for spectators. BOO!!!

There have been no skaters for a couple of years now, I stopped watching. :(

FigureSpins
12-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Same here. For years, they've turned the rink into an iceless stage area that only a handful of people can really view. I've been to the Rock Center tree lighting in person (DH proposed afterwards!) and it's a mob scene. Better to watch on TV, but since they don't have skating, I've lost interest in watching the latest Disney songbirds perform.

CzakoFan
12-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Skating would've definitely improved the Rockefeller show. That Jackie Evancho is an amazing singer, so it was great to see and hear her perform. It was strange hearing Al Roker shout HAPPY NEW YEAR as the show was ending. That's Dick Clark's line... in about a month!

lizny
12-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Same here. For years, they've turned the rink into an iceless stage area that only a handful of people can really view. I've been to the Rock Center tree lighting in person (DH proposed afterwards!) and it's a mob scene. Better to watch on TV, but since they don't have skating, I've lost interest in watching the latest Disney songbirds perform.

awww how neat :)

The carpeting ruins the ice so the early morning session gets cancelled for extra ice maintenance which only makes me resent it more. Not that it mattered this year with the killer rainstorm wednesday morning.

lizny
12-04-2010, 01:11 AM
eeek, duplicate post.

Sylvia
12-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Bryant Park tree lighting article (interview with Michael Weiss): http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101203&content_id=16247704&vkey=ice_news

Photos: http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photogallery/year_2010/month_12/day_03/cf16247112.html

paskatefan
12-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Disappointing that they didn't feature any skaters at Rockefeller Center :(, but glad they continue to do it at Bryant Park. :D Thanks for the article link and pics.