PDA

View Full Version : Scott Hamilton has another brain surgery (he's ok)

Pages : [1] 2

alilou
11-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Scott Hamilton recovering well after brain surgery
http://www.celebrities-with-diseases.com/celebrities/scott-hamilton-recovering-well-after-brain-surgery-10848.html

In the end, the aneurism was successfully removed, but at a cost. Hamilton lost two-thirds of the sight in his right eye, a known risk of the non-invasive surgery used to treat the condition.

Scott Hamilton Bouncing Back After Brain Surgery, Aneurysm
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20445123,00.html

"I tried to stay positive through all this," says Hamilton, who years ago overcame testicular cancer and a pituitary gland tumor. "But in back of my mind, I felt, 'I'm getting knocked down and I'm not sure if I can get back up.' "

Poor guy - it just seems like one thing after another, but he sure seems to deal well with all the stuff that comes his way. Don't like his commentating at all, but gotta love his good humor, and fighting spirit, and will to keep going in a good way.

MikiAndoFan#1
11-29-2010, 08:04 AM
:( Didn't he have a surgery a few months ago? Poor guy.

alilou
11-29-2010, 08:05 AM
:( Didn't he have a surgery a few months ago? Poor guy.
Last June.

LadyNit
11-29-2010, 08:41 AM
I think this article is talking about the surgery that occurred last June.

"Scott Hamilton is back on the mend after an operation to have a brain tumour, and later an aneurism, removed."

The point of the article is that even after all that, he's plowed through and is mending and raising money to fight cancer, etc.

alilou
11-29-2010, 08:44 AM
I think this article is talking about the surgery that occurred last June.

"Scott Hamilton is back on the mend after an operation to have a brain tumour, and later an aneurism, removed."

The point of the article is that even after all that, he's plowed through and is mending and raising money to fight cancer, etc.

Well the I'm a bit confused cos there's suddenly a slew of articles dated today and yesterday saying he had this 2nd non invasive surgery. Anyway I had no idea he'd lost most of his eye sight in one eye so I thought it was new info.

Ice Ramps
11-29-2010, 09:27 AM
How sad, when I was ten I was able to skate with Scott in Sun Valley, Idaho. My coach Jim Tester took me there for several weeks one Summer. Scott took time out to help me with barrel rolls I was working on. Thanks for keeping us updated, I pray he can recover.

-Dale

neptune
11-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Anyway I had no idea he'd lost most of his eye sight in one eye

I didn't either. That's just awful. :(

Jot the Dot Dot
11-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Whatever you think of his skating (I like it), the man is, along with Brian Orser and Kurt Browning the man who got Stars On Ice on the road. God, I wish him a full recovery.

manleywoman
11-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Poor guy - it just seems like one thing after another, but he sure seems to deal well with all the stuff that comes his way. Don't like his commentating at all, but gotta love his good humor, and fighting spirit, and will to keep going in a good way.

Agreed. Hate his commentary, but pretty much adore everything else about him.

Cheylana
11-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Wishing Scotty a full recovery! I had the pleasure of meeting him briefly once, and he was super-nice. He was late to an appointment but he insisted on staying to sign everyone's autograph before leaving because he didn't want to disappoint anyone. :)

AragornElessar
11-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Oh man...Just when you think Scott's finally gotten through the worst of his battles w/the tumours, both cancerous and benign, we hear about this. Glad the worst of the "What if...?" w/the Aneurysm was only the vision loss. My cousin's husband developed an Aneurysm that by the time symptoms showed themselves, it not only burst, but he also suffered two severe strokes.

He's going to need round the clock nursing care for the rest of his life and the only reason he hasn't died in the close to fifteen years since is because my cousin is a Nurse, therefore she can take care of him at home w/the help of Family. Still hasn't been easy, especially as their two sons were entering their early teens when everything happened, and I admire that Lady more than I can say. Anyway...

The reason why I said all of that is just so everyone understands why I said things could have been so much worse w/Scotty than just losing the majority of his vision in his right eye. Because I do know how much worse things could have been and I'd give just about everything to not have that first hand knowledge.

Happy to see Scotty's got his fighting spirit and humour back. I hope and pray for him and his Family this is the last medical battle Scotty's got to fight for a very long time now.

Andrushka
11-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Glad they were able to take care of the problem.So sorry to read he's lost alot of his sight,but I hope he continues to recover and bounce back.He's such a fighter.

Michael O'C
12-01-2010, 03:03 AM
Scott has had such a run of health problems. Just like to wish him all the best.

skateboy
12-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Really wishing him the best.

(And for the record, I actually LIKE most of his commentary!)

Extranjera
12-01-2010, 06:14 PM
He's not my favourite commentator but It's really nice to hear he's ok after such serious surgery :)