PDA

View Full Version : Scott Hamilton has another brain surgery (he's ok)

Pages : 1 [2]

viennese
12-01-2010, 07:40 PM
How sad, when I was ten I was able to skate with Scott in Sun Valley, Idaho. My coach Jim Tester took me there for several weeks one Summer. Scott took time out to help me with barrel rolls I was working on. Thanks for keeping us updated, I pray he can recover.

-Dale

Barrell rolls: OMG! More like splattarolls the one time I was tricked into trying them, as a very young skater.

That's one thing I've always heard about Hamilton, he's a very inspiring and fun skate teacher.

Best wishes to Hamilton, recover fast.

Marlowe
12-01-2010, 08:10 PM
If I had to pick a favorite commentator it probably would be Scott.

Just thought I'd mention that in case Scott is reading the thread. :)

He's a great personality. And I think he has a billion fans wishing him well. I'm one of them.

Yay Scott!

Aussie Willy
12-02-2010, 06:21 AM
Wow that is really bad news. Hoping that he will recover well.

Sally1214
12-02-2010, 06:29 AM
So sad to hear that Scott continues to have such serious health problems. The guy has really had more than his fair share.

Say what you will about Scott, he's a fighter and I have to admire his positive attitude and sense of humor. I'm sure these traits have served him well in his health-related battles.

All the best to him. He really seems like such a great person.

robinhood
12-02-2010, 03:51 PM
I sometimes enjoy his way OTT commentary. I feel excited with a truly great performance commented by Scott Hamilton. He can be way too much for an entire competition, I agree
anyway, wish him all the best and speedy recovery (didn't he took part in Skate America?)

snoopysnake
12-03-2010, 01:48 AM
I have enjoyed every aspect of Scott's work in skating - his own skating, his show production, his commentary, and his writing.

I pray that Scott will enjoy many healthy, happy years to come with his family and other passions, including the skating world.

Garden Kitty
12-03-2010, 07:42 PM
I admire Scott for all he's given back to both the skating and cancer communities, and for how he maintains such a positive attitude despite the health problems he's had to contend with. I wish him the best of health in the future and hope he gets to spend many happy years with his young family.

raphie
12-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Wish my best for Scott, waiting to see him comentating again.

victoriaheidi
12-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Best wishes for Scott. I hope to hear his voice back on NBC soon!

skatesindreams
12-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I admire Scott's many contributions to the world of skating.
His courage and determination under great challenges should serve as an inspiration to all of us.

skamper23
12-04-2010, 11:55 PM
I saw Scott in Lake Placid last Saturday night at the Opening of Stars On Ice. He looked and sounded great! I loved the interaction between him and Kurt on the ice...they were reminiscing about some of Scott's most memorable SOI routines!! You would never know that he's been through what he has. I was sorry to read about his vision issue with the most recent surgery, I had no idea about that! From what I saw he's doing amazing!!!

l'etoile
12-06-2010, 01:40 PM
may God be with you, Scott.

I've enjoyed every comment of yours and every performance you've done!

Hope you get better everyday!

l'etoile
12-06-2010, 01:42 PM
I saw Scott in Lake Placid last Saturday night at the Opening of Stars On Ice. He looked and sounded great! I loved the interaction between him and Kurt on the ice...they were reminiscing about some of Scott's most memorable SOI routines!! You would never know that he's been through what he has. I was sorry to read about his vision issue with the most recent surgery, I had no idea about that! From what I saw he's doing amazing!!!

wow, that's so good to hear!!!

Scott and Kurt are some ensemble on ice who make audience very happy and make FS more interesting sport!