PDA

View Full Version : Holiday gift for Personal Trainer

Alexei'sgirl
11-29-2010, 04:22 AM
I've been working with my Personal Trainer for 11 months now, and I'm trying to figure out a) whether or not to give a holiday gift and b) if so what is the appropriate gift to give. I've established a really good relationship with my trainer so I'm thinking something at the holidays wouldn't be out of the question, but I'm just not certain.

I'd love to hear opinions from others! Thanks!

FiveRinger
11-29-2010, 04:40 AM
My sister is a yoga instructor. Last year, I decided to knit all of my gifts and I asked her what she wanted for Christmas. She said legwarmers. I don't know if it will work for your trainer, but my sister absolutely loved them!

zhenya271
11-29-2010, 04:50 AM
How about a Camelbak or another nice water bottle with a gift card to a coffee shop, deli, bookstore, or sports store inside?

Allskate
11-29-2010, 05:04 AM
I think nice shower gel or moisturizer would be good since she must have to shower a lot. Something from Philosophy or something like that.

mikey
11-29-2010, 01:28 PM
I'd like to give mine a cheeseburger.

orbitz
11-29-2010, 02:06 PM
A booklet of gift certificates to Dunkin Doughnuts.

DubbalinGirl
11-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Last year I gave my trainer a gift certificate to a really nice restaurant in the town where the gym is. He strings four different PT jobs together to make a living, so he and his wife don't get out much. He really appreciated it and a couple months later proudly told me that he used it and they had a nice night out together.

Aceon6
11-29-2010, 03:08 PM
How about an Aquis towel? They come in many sizes, but the medium is perfect as a hair towel and the large is more than adequate as a full wrap around. I use both in the office gym and they dry in about an hour. The prices range from $15 to $50 depending on size and color.

Alexei'sgirl
12-01-2010, 04:00 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. I probably should have mentioned that my trainer is a guy and he's 24 years old (if only I were younger) ;) Still debating a few possibilities, but would love any additional thoughts.

manhn
12-01-2010, 04:20 AM
A gift card to a nice chainlet restaurant would probably be best. We have lots of those where I live but on a national level, I was thinking something in the vein of The Cheesecake Factory. Nothing too fancy schmancy but something above Denny's. He probably goes out a lot but doesn't have a lot of money. I personally HATE getting food as gifts (particularly if it has fruit in it--what the hell, friends who should know me better?), but I like getting restaurant giftcards because there's usually something in the menu I can order without feeling guilty.

PAskate
12-02-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm planning to give mine cash in a card plus a small gift.