PDA

View Full Version : Post-GP Series Thoughts, Comments, Complaints, Concerns...

Pages : 1 2 [3]

luCN
12-13-2010, 03:34 AM
I'm sad for Mao's GPseries,but I think she's keeping improving.
Murakami is really impressive.I love all of her numbers,especially her EX number.soooooooo cute!

about pair,I really enjoy SS's LP,but...I think Rubin is a little old ,that made them not too harmonious....and the junior champion's basic skills are pretty good,they may have good chance from this season.

without VM and Kerrs,I don't feel very good about the ice dance.DW are good,but can't make me crazy.

man
I really hope to see more European skaters....they used to have more intersting programs and variety types:(
I love Dai-chan,hope the collision with Kozuka during GPF practice didn't hurt him too hard...
for Chan,I don't love him.but after watch him in person,I must say he deserved to win.his skating skills are so impressive,high speed,lagest coverage,free and energatic.I feel comfortable and joy while watching him skating.the only other made me feel this way is Kozuka's SP.
I once thought Oda will win the GPF,his practice was soooooooooooooooo good.the second fall is really strange....and he seemed got hurt.even in Gala his jumps had some problems...

Seerek
12-13-2010, 04:07 AM
5 ladies scoring within 7 points at the GPF and all above 170 bodes well for at least a closely fought European, 4CC and World Championships - maybe not the highest quality ever, but at least very competitive amongst 8-10 ladies (+ Nagasu, Korpi, perhaps Makarova and Phaneuf on a good day, etc.)

But at least the top ladies are bunched closer than the other disciplines (where it looks like the judges have already predetermined the top 2-3 men/pairs/dance already based on the huge gap in component scores vs. the others).

victoriaheidi
12-13-2010, 04:48 AM
Nobody is watching FS anymore. The reality is that CoP is killing this sport. The only benefit CoP has brought about is for ardent FSUers to download those stupid protocols after each competition and argue which underrotation call is fair or unfair, obviously for the futile purpose of 'convincing' the detractors of his/her favourite skater.

With Kim gradually fading away, the South Koreans will definitely abandon FS in mass. Japan? It's already quite saturated there. China? Forget about it. U.S., Canada? It's already dead there.

Any hope in Russia?

Sadly, I sort of agree. And I do enjoy downloading and analyzing the protocols. :)

caseyedwards
12-13-2010, 04:52 AM
If those Russian girls pan out I don't why FS popularity would go down there.

Tak
12-13-2010, 06:51 AM
I was struck by the large number of empty seats in all of the arenas even in Japan

We could not understand that at all - since tickets to NHK were unobtainable here. My friend and I tried several times at different sites to get tickets - no luck. Some other friends also tried - all sold out.

And yet we saw all those empty seats at the competition and were :angryfire about it.

I can only guess that scalpers bought boatloads of tickets hoping to make a killing and then got stuck with them???

I do not understand why we couldnt buy tickets when there were so many empty seats - but had those seats been for sale, believe me, there were plenty of people here who wanted to buy them. :(

alilou
12-13-2010, 08:01 AM
The camera work at the GPF was horrid. Most of it was too far away and I hated the overhead cam. Of course it wasn't as bad as the GP event that zoomed in on the skater's feet several times a program. :scream:

This! I'm generally appalled by the camera work. And not just the GPF, and not just this year. Bad camera work happens a lot and I'd like to be able to do something about it. The camera work from TEB was absolutely appalling for almost all the competition. Similarly the camera work for worlds last year (where were they again?) was dreadful. And it's always bad when it comes from China.

Anyone got any suggestions as to how we go about getting the ISU to put basic requirements in the contract with the host country (eg full-body shots only, no long distance shots, NO overhead cameras, etc)?

DORISPULASKI
12-13-2010, 08:32 AM
ISU could hire camera crews themselves are require the event organizers to pay the camera crews. That way ISU could make some money, and we could insure decent camera work.

Heck, the ISU already sends a camera person that films for the judges/tech committee. Based on the GPF stream, I'd rather see the judges version.

alilou
12-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Having a specific FS camera crew would be heaven - they could become experts at it.

But even if this is not the solution, somehow we have to get the message to ISU that they have to do something!

aliceanne
12-18-2010, 07:43 AM
We could not understand that at all - since tickets to NHK were unobtainable here. My friend and I tried several times at different sites to get tickets - no luck. Some other friends also tried - all sold out.

And yet we saw all those empty seats at the competition and were :angryfire about it.

I can only guess that scalpers bought boatloads of tickets hoping to make a killing and then got stuck with them???

I do not understand why we couldnt buy tickets when there were so many empty seats - but had those seats been for sale, believe me, there were plenty of people here who wanted to buy them. :(

It is also possible that the organizers reserved seats for sponsors and VIPs who didn't use them. I had that experience when the World Championships were in my hometown.

I'm sorry you didn't get to attend. The NHK was the best event in my opinion!