PDA

View Full Version : What was the most surprising thing this season?

Pages : 1 [2]

aliceanne
11-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Definitely Mao. She's doing this on purpose?

vmfan89
11-30-2010, 06:45 AM
For me, the most suprising was the performances we saw in pairs by Moore-Towers/Moskovitch, Gerboldt/Enbert, Bazarova/Larionov, Iliushechkina/Maisuradze, Sui/Han and Takahashi/Tran. I honestly did not expect such solid performances from such young, new and unexperienced teams. I was pleasantly surprised and I must say I enjoyed having new faces on the podiums.

NMURA
11-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Definitely Mao. She's doing this on purpose?

100% her choice and her fault. She's not injured or anything.

Thank to the full set of "Mao rules", she and her camp have gotten too optimistic and ambitious. Kim was so afraid of "invincible Mao" and withdrew from GPS. There's no rival anymore. Actually, the number "228.5" is the real rival. To beat it, Mao needs to be "perfect" in everything. "Fixing jumps" or "bringing back the lutz" shouldn't be much difficult, compared to three 3axels. I must say they have overestimated Mao's capabilities.

Lookingood
11-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Can't wait to see "Invincible Mao":cheer2:

nubka
11-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Alyssa got my vote. I was totally not expecting her to win at Skate Canada...

PUNKPRINCESS
11-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Alyssa got my vote. I was totally not expecting her to win at Skate Canada...
Alissa got my vote, too. Really happy for her! Never expected that at all.

The Kim-Orser split is slightly more shocking, but it happened before the season, so, meh.

Caroline Zhang's de-mulekicked flip is a close second after Alissa's successful Grand Prix outing so far. Alissa won out because her Skate Canada was more impressive to me.

I'm shocked so many people are voting Mao's dismal GP performances as being surprises. Every press conference from her and her coach was that her jump technique was being overhauled and that she wasn't expected to dominate or even be ready for the GP season.
Yes, exactly. Now I didn't expect it to be this bad right after her Worlds win, but I wasn't expecting her to dominate this GP either. Not a huge surprise.

lilshorty
11-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Rachael churning out an inspired (imo) LP performance at SA. I've never really been a big fan, but I really like her a lot this season moreso than previous ones. The judges still don't give her her due, but it's all good. :cool:

Cheylana
11-30-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm shocked so many people are voting Mao's dismal GP performances as being surprises. Every press conference from her and her coach was that her jump technique was being overhauled and that she wasn't expected to dominate or even be ready for the GP season. Then, we saw firsthand evidence of that at the Japan Open where she fell to a 5th place finish out of 6 skaters.
I didn't pay attention to the Mao-related media prior to the GP series, so I didn't know she was reworking her jumps. So I was genuinely surprised to see her skate so badly, and that's why I voted for her.