PDA

View Full Version : Who is the woman version of Patrick Chan?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

DickButtonFan
11-28-2010, 12:03 AM
...Meaning who can have major falls/errors and still win?

(This thread is not meant to be taken seriously.)

ks777
11-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Yuna?

purple skates
11-28-2010, 12:12 AM
There is no human being who could possibly be as good as Patrick Chan, so it is a moot point. :drama:

(This post is not meant to be taken seriously. :P)

MikiAndoFan#1
11-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Patricia Chan?

:P

dundas
11-28-2010, 12:46 AM
double-jump-queen Lepisto. :lol::lol: I would say her scores are more Chanish. Chan has at least tried some hard jumps and occasionally landed them. Lepisto, not so much, we are back to 60s.Lepisto's jump content is an embarrassment.

BigB08822
11-28-2010, 12:46 AM
Kostner is simply taking advantage of the CoP by doing what little she can very cleanly. I don't see that as being the same as falling 4 times in a competition and still winning over clean skates by very good skaters. I don't even like Kostner but I don't feel she has been held up like Chan has. Korpi also does what she does well enough to win or place well. I don't know if the women have an equivalent right now and for that I am thankful.

Vash01
11-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Occasionally I have seen Carolina get high marks even with mistake filled programs but not with falls.

I thought Laura Lepisto was overmarked last year when she doubled many jumps; they would have been falls had she tried to do 3 rotations, but she did not actually fall.

P.S.- I am not taking this thread seriously either.

pinky166
11-28-2010, 03:34 AM
Yuna?

I'd say she's more the female Takahashi.

Joannie Rochette is the female Chan. They both have gorgeous basics and transitions, but he's 3a challenged and she's 3lz challenged, he falls a lot and she pops a lot, and even when they mistakes, they both always score well, especially at Skate Canada,

professordeb
11-28-2010, 03:53 AM
Ummm .. do I have to pick a skater? :)

pinky - you may be onto something about Joannie and Patrick. I do so lurve to watch both of them skate.

Hmmmm ... the choices are such gooooood ones, and the write-in ones even moreso. I choose Carolina only because
- I've seen her skater more often
- I've seen her implode more often than other women skaters
- it has seemed to me that she gets the benefit of a doubt on her PCS in spite of her falls
- she too apparently just flies across the ice (now I can't say for sure, never having seen her skate, but I'm told she is fast and I know that Chan IS fast having seen him about 3 times live).

Yep, it seems Carolina and Patrick make a good pair according to my analysis.

And this post is totally done with tongue in cheek and not meant to be serious.

museksk8r
11-28-2010, 06:16 AM
Joannie Rochette is the female Chan. They both have gorgeous basics and transitions, but he's 3a challenged and she's 3lz challenged, he falls a lot and she pops a lot, and even when they mistakes, they both always score well, especially at Skate Canada,

Huh? :confused: What international competition has Joannie ever won by falling all over the place? I'd like you to name even one.

skateboy
11-28-2010, 06:25 AM
I don't think there is a female counterpart to Patrick, not even Carolina or Lepisto. Not really the same situation.

(Okay, I guess that was my serious answer to a non-serious thread!)

judgejudy27
11-28-2010, 06:43 AM
If such a female skater existed in recent memory it would be Sasha Cohen I guess. Except her basics are nowhere near his (but her musicality and sheer beauty of her skating is far superior).

Jaana
11-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Voted for "Other": I see Laura Lepisto as the closest.

riveredge
11-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Yuna?

Yuna didn't fall 4/6 times in a single competition and managed to win. :P:rolleyes:

escaflowne9282
11-28-2010, 12:15 PM
If such a female skater existed in recent memory it would be Sasha Cohen I guess. Except her basics are nowhere near his (but her musicality and sheer beauty of her skating is far superior).

But Sasha never won anything :shuffle: