PDA

View Full Version : Who is the woman version of Patrick Chan?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

briancoogaert
11-28-2010, 12:28 PM
There's no one.
Patrick Chan's basics are unmatched. :P

orientalplane
11-28-2010, 01:30 PM
There's no one.
Patrick Chan's basics are unmatched. :P

So are his falls. :P

gkelly
11-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Michelle Kwan
Irina Slutskaya
(when not competing against each other)

Peggy Fleming

topaz
11-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Michelle Kwan
Irina Slutskaya

Peggy Fleming

Michelle Kwan is one of the most consistent skaters in the history of sport, in my opinion.

Also, MK was an incredible competitor. One of the fiercest. I wouldn't categorize Chan as great competitor nor a consistent skater.

I voted for Korpi. She has excellent basic, good IN and PE but consistency regarding jumping is similar to Chan. Also, she does not seem to suffer in he PCS scores in some of the categories due to popped jumps.

topaz
11-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Michelle Kwan
Irina Slutskaya

Peggy Fleming

Michelle Kwan is one of the most consistent skaters in the history of sport, in my opinion.

Also, MK was an incredible competitor. One of the fiercest. I wouldn't categorize Chan as great competitor nor a consistent skater.

I voted for Korpi. She has excellent basic, good IN and PE but consistency regarding jumping is similar to Chan. Also, she does not seem to suffer in he PCS scores in some of the categories due to popped jumps.

Carolina has lost competitions due to her failed jumps and the judges are not so forgiving to Caro as they are Chan or Korpi.

blue_idealist
11-28-2010, 04:37 PM
I don't think there is one now, but I found that Joannie Rochette could often have major technical errors and maybe get a higher placement than it looks like she should have. However, it wasn't as extreme as with Chan. I don't remember her falling and winning anything other than Canadian Nats.

dundas
11-28-2010, 05:07 PM

Korpi may be pretty but she doesn't have 'excellent' or even 'good' basic. She doesn't get down to the knees and her stroking is very stiff.

Wyliefan
11-28-2010, 05:10 PM
But Sasha never won anything :shuffle:

:confused: Winning U.S. nationals, the Grand Prix Final, and a bunch of GPs counts for nothing?

L'amour
11-28-2010, 05:19 PM
I was going to sau Yuna buuut...

I'm voting for Caroline. I don't get her skating at all;

burntBREAD
11-28-2010, 05:21 PM
I was going to sau Yuna buuut...

I'm voting for Caroline. I don't get her skating at all;

Caroline Zhang?! :eek: Her PCS have never gone higher than 53, I think!

briancoogaert
11-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Caroline Zhang?! :eek: Her PCS have never gone higher than 53, I think!
And there is absolutely no doubt : she deserves her bad PCS ! :lol:

pinky166
11-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Huh? :confused: What international competition has Joannie ever won by falling all over the place? I'd like you to name even one.

Not winning but at the Olympics she won bronze with a messy FS, at 09 Skate Canada she had a bad FS and still won gold, at 09 Worlds she had a huge SP score without doing a 3-3 and that also happened at 09 SC where she had a margin of like 7 points over Alissa in the SP even though they were both clean and landed the same jumps. And some of her scores at Canadian Nationals have been overly humongous.

Don't get me wrong Joannie is a wonderful skater, it just seems like sometimes her scores are a little too high for programs that usually are not clean.

Artifice
11-28-2010, 08:12 PM
No lady actually is in the exact same situation than Chan but Lepisto is close.
She can rank very well without the jumps. Embarrassing indeed.

briancoogaert
11-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Not winning but at the Olympics she won bronze with a messy FS
:rofl:
messy with 7 triples, 6 perfectly done including a 3/3 sequence, a 2Axel and everything else level 3 or 4 ?
Well, you have a weird vision of what is a messy program. ;)

pinky166
11-28-2010, 09:28 PM
:rofl:
messy with 7 triples, 6 perfectly done including a 3/3 sequence, a 2Axel and everything else level 3 or 4 ?
Well, you have a weird vision of what is a messy program. ;)

I remember she had a number of step outs, left out a combination, etc and yet she still scored above Mirai who was totally clean....maybe my wanting Mirai to win bronze has fogged my memory though.