PDA

View Full Version : Fun Disson Christmas Show on SUNDAY

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Willowway
11-27-2010, 10:20 PM
The Disson show, "Holiday Moments on Ice" (I think that's the final title) is on SUNDAY, Nov. 28 - that's tomorrow, Sunday - at 4 pm in EST. Check the listings in your locality for the right time. It really was a fun show with some lovely Christmas music and Ilia was skating BIG!! Lots of good stuff from Katia, Jeremy, Yuka, Peter & Naomi, Joseph and Brian B.

Meredith
11-27-2010, 11:06 PM
The show was not without its challenges - not so much on the ice as with the wildlife interfering with the arena's electrical system before the show and threatening to melt the ice.

The media covered it well:

http://http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_cdf673fc-ea2c-11df-af95-001cc4c03286.html

:D

alilou
11-28-2010, 06:19 AM
Is this the show that Manheim Steamroller play the music for the entire show? If so it's not worth watching on TV since Every. Single. Performance. will be chopped up by the camera panning to the musicians :rolleyes: and we will see random bits of skating interspersed with random bits of the musicians.

LadyNit
11-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Well they just managed to keep Kulik in the frame for the entire performance of Deck the Halls. :kickass: Great camera work!

nashvilledancer
11-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Yep, maybe Mannheim Steamroller isn't pretty enough to focus the camera just on them. Or the skaters this week are too pretty!!!!! Or NBC is listening to us.

Jeremy's Chanel tux in that little teaser a while ago! Kulik is so brilliant, still. I love Boitano's joie de vivre--there's a guy who really enjoys his life.

Meredith
11-28-2010, 09:23 PM
The Pandora commercial just became my favorite.

nashvilledancer
11-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Naomi has become a real performer, something she lacked as a competitor. I guess all it took was life experience and a lot of shows.

LadyNit
11-28-2010, 09:46 PM
ok now they're pissing me off. more Jeremy / LESS steamrollerites. meh

eta: nice to see jeremy smiling and relaxed. sorry to miss his footwork sequences. I do appreciate a chance to see him skate without all the arm choreo. :shuffle:

PDilemma
11-28-2010, 09:55 PM
ok now they're pissing me off. more Jeremy / LESS steamrollerites. meh

eta: nice to see jeremy smiling and relaxed. sorry to miss his footwork sequences. I do appreciate a chance to see him skate without all the arm choreo. :shuffle:

I've seen enough of Chip Davis--especially that belly to the keyboard shot that deprived us of Jeremy. Get him off my screen.

I don't even like Mannheim Steamroller. Their arrangements are repetitive and too often are one tempo and one volume. I don't get all the fascination with them.

screech
11-28-2010, 10:20 PM
The music makes me feel like I'm trapped in a period piece. I half expect to see kings, queens and noblepersons start doing synchronized dances in a great hall.

That said, nice to see Katia and Ilia!! I haven't seen Ilia in ages, and I'm impressed that Katia still has all of her jumps, including the double axel.

And was the little girl in the clip where they're all eating chocolate Liza? Whoever she was, she was beautiful!

LadyNit
11-28-2010, 10:29 PM
YAY Jeremy's Merry Gentlemen program was great. And almost 100% visible. Thanks for that.

Allskate
11-28-2010, 10:36 PM
The music makes me feel like I'm trapped in a period piece.

It makes me feel like I'm trapped in an elevator. :lol:

Liza looks a lot like Ilia.

LadyNit
11-28-2010, 10:41 PM
It really was a fun show with some lovely Christmas music and Ilia was skating BIG!!

WOW! You weren't kidding. His Silver Bells program was so powerful. He's one of the greats and it was fantastic to see this commanding performance.

BRAVO Ilia!!!!!

PDilemma
11-28-2010, 10:44 PM
It makes me feel like I'm trapped in an elevator. :lol:

But Mannheim Steamroller is innovative and putting a fresh perspective on old standards. And their Christmas music is the greatest ever recorded!! :rolleyes:

My husband knows where Chip Davis lives. Much more of this and I'm going to be tempted to go write my feelings on his fence. :lol:

*I would do no such thing. I swear.

caseyedwards
11-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Had to comment on Kulik! That was something.