PDA

View Full Version : Gorshkova/Butikov - Realistically What are their Chances?

Pages : 1 [2]

Tak
11-28-2010, 07:44 AM
Skating to a cha cha does nothing to make this team (esp him) look any more exciting. Watching him makes me think of Bobrova, actually. Being in seniors for a few years now, they need someone who can give them a fresh start, new material, and actually relate to the music (and each other). The criticisms from commentators and officials about their retro programs are quite alarming. Even if they manage to improve technically, they will be held down as long as they keep coming out with :yikes: like that.

I'm glad they're getting criticism - any chance they'll actually LISTEN to it and go find another coach before it's too late? [preferably Sv/Zhuk - but I love, Love, LOVE their choreography :swoon: ]

casken
11-28-2010, 08:04 AM
Bobrovievzzzzzzzzz more like ;)
Honestly, however hard I try, it's just :yawn::yawn::yawn: through their FD. They are just so :blah: as a couple.

I *lurved* B&S when I first saw them in 2008 and thought they would be my faves by now, but they haven't quite improved at the rate I expected them to, and their programs have been a mixed bag.

People would often say that she wasn't as good as him, but I never really saw it. However, over that past two seasons I'm starting to see it. He is really strong and reminds me a bit of Platov. While she is good, her skating comes off weaker than his and her presentation comes off as immature compared to his. The droopy eyes and her general styling don't help either. :shuffle:

But my opinion is still generally positive about them as a team, even if their material is a bit :blah:

Autumn_girl
11-28-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm glad they're getting criticism - any chance they'll actually LISTEN to it and go find another coach before it's too late? [preferably Sv/Zhuk - but I love, Love, LOVE their choreography :swoon: ]

I wish they could do it, but will Svinin/Zhuk or other coaches want to have troubles with Tschaikovskaya? Especially when they have some promising junior teams. And when skaters left Tschaikovskaya in past they just faded away... I really don't see any chances for G/B :(

I think I agree with everyone about B/S, they are my least favorite in Russian team. I prefer I/K, Riazanova/Tkachenko and Monko/Khalyavin, hope one of these teams (I/K, please!) will be Russian №1 in 2014. Though B/S are really good technically and have lovely lines, I think they need better choreography and style. But I still prefer them to teams like Crone/Poirier

blue_idealist
11-28-2010, 04:46 PM
They kind of remind me of Khokhlova and Novitski in later years.. I guess it's the gaudy programs and maybe a lack of emotional connection between partners on the ice? But, mostly the gaudy programs I think. lol.

piano18
11-28-2010, 07:21 PM
People would often say that she wasn't as good as him, but I never really saw it. However, over that past two seasons I'm starting to see it. He is really strong and reminds me a bit of Platov. While she is good, her skating comes off weaker than his and her presentation comes off as immature compared to his. The droopy eyes and her general styling don't help either. :shuffle:

T. Belbin said last year she is stronger than him and hopes he can catch up to her level:HA!::coffee:

But anyways, I agree that generally this is a really good team, they both have like perfect techniques like all Russian ice dancers who get their basic training in Russia. I prefer Ryazanova but they're really different but what R&T really need is for their coach to play COP better, maximize all levels because they already hit almost all the right notes, just need to absorb senior COP better. But at least both these teams are ice dancers, they're step sequences are pure ice dance sequences which is real good.

But back to thread title: I thought G&B could go to Linichuk and her husband to get the power and lifts and speed but the other potential fill teams are better off there, like R&T if they start stagnating under Gorshkov.

Khokhlova&Andreev : Just really surprising if they ever made a World Championships...maybe 4-6th place at Nationals this yr. Oh Jana I'm sorry. She is too brilliant!!