PDA

View Full Version : Haruka Imai or Kanako Murakami?

Pages : 1 [2]

Eris
11-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Kanako. Such an inspiration on ice!

bek
11-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I think Murakami is the stronger skater. One only has too look at their results the last few seasons, it seems Imai has issues with free skating and also rotating her jumps. Say what you will about Murakami but she rotates.

burntBREAD
11-28-2010, 10:08 PM
I think Murakami is the stronger skater. One only has too look at their results the last few seasons, it seems Imai has issues with free skating and also rotating her jumps. Say what you will about Murakami but she rotates.

Not really. Imai was really, really off in the LP at TEB, the salchow is one of her strongest jumps, thus why she does it twice. She actually rotates more often than Murakami, she even rotates her falls.
Murakami NHK
SP: one UR
LP: four UR
Imai SC
SP: no UR
LP: no UR
Murakami SA
SP: one UR
LP: three UR
Imai TEB
SP: no UR (and a 3Lo-3T)
LP: one DG, one UR, both on salchows

Dilng
11-29-2010, 12:12 AM
Ladies skating is so boring now except for Kanako. This has been the worse year for ladies ever!!! Haruka was exceptionally boring she doesn't even come close to Kanako in my opinion.

RunnersHigh
11-29-2010, 01:24 AM
I saw them both live and much prefer Haruka Imai.

Marco
11-29-2010, 02:40 AM
Imai reminds me of young Nakano and Murakami reminds me of young Asada.

Love their energy but the technical issues are worrying.

I think I prefer Suzuki :P

PUNKPRINCESS
11-29-2010, 04:40 AM
Murakami reminds me of young Asada.

Love their energy but the technical issues are worrying.

I think I prefer Suzuki :P
:huh: I do not see the resemblance between Murakami and Asada. Asada is and was on a completely different level at the same age.

Between Imai and Murakami, however, I have to give it to Murakami. Her energy and spark make her stand out, whereas Imai strikes me as a very generic skater.

Jaana
11-29-2010, 09:12 AM
I like them both very much, and hope that Imai will get more consistent in her freeskate soon... Voted for Imai.

Marco
11-29-2010, 09:54 AM
:huh: I do not see the resemblance between Murakami and Asada. Asada is and was on a completely different level at the same age.

Murakami has the same lightness and exuberance to her skating, very similar toe pick technique, and very similar jump quality as Asada had back when she was 15.

wonderlen
11-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Both have strengths and weakness. Kanako has 'wow and it' factor, but some iffy jumping technique which can be trouble if her body change. Imai has better technique, and she kindda remind me of Shizuka. Tall, limber and graceful but not much personality and her 3Lo+3T combo was just beautiful and explosive.

pinky166
11-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Both have strengths and weakness. Kanako has 'wow and it' factor, but some iffy jumping technique which can be trouble if her body change. Imai has better technique, and she kindda remind me of Shizuka. Tall, limber and graceful but not much personality and her 3Lo+3T combo was just beautiful and explosive.

I agree that Haruka is similar to Shizuka, she has an understated grace about her. Kanako reminds me more of Fumie just because her build is so similar to Fumie's, and the way she pumps her back actually reminds me a little of Miki...don't really see the resemblence to Mao though b/c Mao has always been so graceful and balletic whereas Kanako is more energetic and athletic. Kanako actually reminds me a lot of Mirai circa 2008 or 2009, cute, charismatic, talented but not the most polished or beautiful skater around.

viennese
11-30-2010, 04:00 PM
I like them both and hope they'll both be as dynamic in the long as they have been in the short programs.

Imei's Borodin music strikes me as too "big" for a young singles skater. Hasn't it been used for some rather aggressive, big-throwing pairs programs?