PDA

View Full Version : Redone poll: Awesome OGM winning LPs since 1980 (pick 4)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

briancoogaert
12-03-2010, 06:44 PM
I proudly voted for Sarah Hughes... I always enjoyed her skating and I make no apologies.
Well don't be ashamed, there are at least 5 judges who enjoyed her skating at the 2002 Olympics LP ! :watch:

RunnersHigh
12-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Well don't be ashamed, there are at least 5 judges who enjoyed her skating at the 2002 Olympics LP ! :watch:

:rofl:

John 3 17
12-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Easy poll for me!

I went with:

Brian Boitano
Alexei Yagudin
Gordeeva/Grinkov
Torvill/Dean

Close runners-up:

Klimova/Ponomarenko
and
Mishkutenuk/Dmitriev

If Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze had been available, they'd be up there, too!

And, where's Kristi?

-Bridget :)

stanhope
12-05-2010, 01:37 PM
I'd go for Gordeeva Grinkov 1988. 1994 was their weakest performance in a big event, other than world's 1990.

Toller Cranston called the 1988 skate the "skate of the decade" and said as a judge, he would have held up a 6.1.

WORD. And it still blows my mind how they didn't even get one 6.0 for that performance. Yeah, yeah they skated first in the last group and so the judges had to "hold back" the higher mark. But still - at least ONE 6.0 should have popped up somewhere!

paskatefan
12-05-2010, 04:06 PM
But I really can't decide what was better; her performance or her reaction to winning! :lol:

I loved Sarah's performance in SLC, too. Her reaction was priceless!

WORD. And it still blows my mind how they didn't even get one 6.0 for that performance. Yeah, yeah they skated first in the last group and so the judges had to "hold back" the higher mark. But still - at least ONE 6.0 should have popped up somewhere!

I still consider the Battle of the Brians the greatest men's competition in figure skating, ever (from all of the Olympics and Worlds to date). Both Brian's were superb, IMHO. :encore: