PDA

View Full Version : Reed siblings changed their coach to Chait

Pages : [1] 2

chrysanthemum
11-26-2010, 11:45 AM
According to their official blog, Cathy Reed/Chris Reed changed their coach from Nikolai Morozov to Galit Chait. They’re also going to change their free dance.
http://ameblo.jp/reed-icedance-blog/entry-10717409387.html

I think this is a good decision for them.

Ziggy
11-26-2010, 02:53 PM
OUCH!

Kudos to them, hitting Slimy where it hurts. :D

On a more serious note, being at the level they are, I'd choose a coach who had more results and was less of a gamble.

P.S. Anybody knows how that lawsuit ended?

L'amour
11-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Great news! Good luck to them ;)

sk9tingfan
11-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Another two skaters are freed! Yes!!! ;)

JerseySlore
11-27-2010, 01:28 PM
So the Reeds are coming back to Hackensack, or has Chait relocated to somewhere else?

JamieSix
11-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Hmmm, maybe Nikolai was too busy with Miki, Flo, and Javier. But best of luck to the Reeds. I would love to see them move up this season.

chrysanthemum
11-28-2010, 04:37 AM
So the Reeds are coming back to Hackensack, or has Chait relocated to somewhere else?

They train in Hackensack again.

BigB08822
11-28-2010, 04:56 AM
Is it common for someone to coach both singles and dance, at least at the senior level? I can't imagine what he knows about dance but maybe I know a lot less about Morozov than I thought.

SamuraiK
11-28-2010, 05:03 AM
Is it common for someone to coach both singles and dance, at least at the senior level? I can't imagine what he knows about dance but maybe I know a lot less about Morozov than I thought.

Morozov IS an ice dancer. He competed with Diva Navka before she teamed up with Kostomarov and they went to Nagano Olympics (they placed 16th there).

aliona22
11-28-2010, 05:33 AM
Is it common for someone to coach both singles and dance, at least at the senior level?

Tarasova and Tchaikovskaya did both successfully for awhile. Zhulin also, to some extent.

AFAIK, Morosov doesn't often work with students who are still learning jumps and developing their technique. With singles skaters he usually takes on advanced students, and does more of a "final polish" like Tarasova, giving them choreography, style, etc. He used to have a bigger dance program with teams at different levels/stages in their careers but that has dwindled in the past few years.

overedge
11-28-2010, 06:35 AM
Getting away from Morozov = excellent idea.

Going to Chait = maybe not such a good idea, especially after all the drama last year about how the Zars were treated. Yes, I know the Reeds aren't competing for Israel, but no matter how good a coach Chait is, the Reeds might be treated less than favourably because they're working with her - and when they're not exactly the top ranked dance couple in the world, that could have a fairly substantial impact on their progress.

ks777
11-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Does it really matter who coach them?

OrioleBeagle
11-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Getting away from Morozov = excellent idea.

Going to Chait = maybe not such a good idea, especially after all the drama last year about how the Zars were treated. Yes, I know the Reeds aren't competing for Israel, but no matter how good a coach Chait is, the Reeds might be treated less than favourably because they're working with her - and when they're not exactly the top ranked dance couple in the world, that could have a fairly substantial impact on their progress.

What happened last year?:watch:

Ziggy
11-28-2010, 04:11 PM
AFAIK, Morosov doesn't often work with students who are still learning jumps and developing their technique. With singles skaters he usually takes on advanced students, and does more of a "final polish" like Tarasova, giving them choreography, style, etc.

He must be working with some jump coaches.

Does it really matter who coach them?

No it doesn't. Obviously all coaches are the same and there are no differences whatsoever. :huh:

What happened last year?:watch:

She didn't handle Zaretskis well, made some bad decisions and then there was massive drama with the federation and them bitching at each other.

Knowing that, I'm surprised a team at such a crucial stage in their career, with a potential to climb up the rankings in a post-Olympic season, would willingly choose to train with her.

GarrAarghHrumph
11-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Could it be that the Reeds wanted to return to NJ? That's where their family is, yes?