PDA

View Full Version : Vaitsehovskaya's interview with Morozov

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

kosjenka
11-26-2010, 02:06 PM
I love reading Russian interviews!
Is it just me or do they have no stop buttons on any subject whatsoever?

dupa
11-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks TAHbKA!

Did he just call the Japanese male skaters ugly? :eek:

Sounded that way to me. Good to know there are no good looking Japanese men. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pollyanna
11-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Thanks TAHbKA!

Did he just call the Japanese male skaters ugly? :eek:

Why yes. Yes he did. :lynch:

Whatttttttt?:eek: Did he call my lovely Kozuka UGLY???????? Morozov must die!!!!!!!:kickass::revenge::angryfire:lynch:

I'll help. :revenge:

;)

Lainerb
11-26-2010, 03:18 PM
It's hard working with the Japanese (http://velena.ru/skating/NIM_2010.html)
EV: The one caused by bumping into Abzal Rakimgaliev in Moscow?
NM: Yes. This, by the way, is another example of the Japanese restraint: I saw that Miki is in a terrible pain, that her back hurts constantly, that even while resting between the skates she can't find a pose in which her back wouldn't bother her, but she was not showing her feelings, was not complaining. She was keeping it quiet the while day and only at the evening she blurted `I don't like Abzal'.
[/I]

:( I am rather concerned for Miki if her back hurts that often even when not skating..

AliasJohnDoe
11-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Thank You Tahbka!!!

BittyBug
11-26-2010, 03:25 PM
NM: It is unspeakable, when Patrick Chan wins after falling three times, as it was in Grand Prix in Canada.So it's not just fans who think this. :saint:

EV: Among all the programmes your choreographed there are some that are remembered more.
NM: I know. This season it's Floran Amodio's LP, which, in my point of view, is ten times more memorable than Takahashi's `Hip Hop'. I think it's the best thing ever in the male figure skating as far as the choreography goes.:eek: The man is clearly deluded. :scream:

riveredge
11-26-2010, 03:38 PM
You gotta give it to him. This interview is quiet entertaining.. :lol:

Cloudy_Gumdrops
11-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Sounded that way to me. Good to know there are no good looking Japanese men. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guess he's never heard of the gymnast Hiroyuki Tomita. That man is :swoon:

IceAlisa
11-26-2010, 06:20 PM
I think Daisuke is quite cute.

ETA:
Question for Japanese speakers: in English, Daisuke's last name is of course TakahaSHI, last syllable pronounced (SHEE). In Russian it is transliterated as TakahaSI with the last syllable pronounced SEE. What is closer to the actual Japanese prononciation?

I also wondered why Yuko Kawaguchi had to change her last name to Kavaguti when she came to Russia (and accepted Russian citizenship). I don't really see is russification of the name. While there is no "w" sound and all w's become v's in Russian (Vot is your name?), there is a ch sound as in "cheers".

Rafter
11-26-2010, 06:23 PM
So it's not just fans who think this. :saint:

:eek: The man is clearly deluded. :scream:

So if he's deluded, does that mean the fans are too? :shuffle:

BittyBug
11-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Deluded about his own talents, but he's clearly spot on in his opinion of Chan's marks. ;)

IceAlisa
11-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Deluded about his own talents, but he's clearly spot on in his opinion of Chan's marks. ;)

Morozov may be a slimy douchebag but he did create quite a few masterpieces as referenced in the article.

equatorial
11-26-2010, 07:35 PM
I think Daisuke is quite cute.

ETA:
Question for Japanese speakers: in English, Daisuke's last name is of course TakahaSHI, last syllable pronounced (SHEE). In Russian it is transliterated as TakahaSI with the last syllable pronounced SEE. What is closer to the actual Japanese prononciation?

I also wondered why Yuko Kawaguchi had to change her last name to Kavaguti when she came to Russia (and accepted Russian citizenship). I don't really see is russification of the name. While there is no "w" sound and all w's become v's in Russian (Vot is your name?), there is a ch sound as in "cheers".

Russian transcription of Japanese names is phonological rather than phonetic. It's a tradition that started, IIRC, in the 1920s (the so-called Ivanov&Polivanov's system) Phonologically, it's /t/ and /s/ there, which surface phonetically as alveolo-palatal [tɕ] and [ɕ] before /i/. I'd say that the English transcription is closer to the actual pronunciation but the Japanese sounds are still quite different.

BittyBug
11-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Morozov may be a slimy douchebag but he did create quite a few masterpieces as referenced in the article.I agree, but I don't think that either of Amodio's current programs fall into that category.

IceAlisa
11-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Russian transcription of Japanese names is phonological rather than phonetic. It's a tradition that started, IIRC, in the 1920s (the so-called Ivanov&Polivanov's system) Phonologically, it's /t/ and /s/ there, which surface phonetically as alveolo-palatal [tɕ] and [ɕ] before /i/. I'd say that the English transcription is closer to the actual pronunciation but the Japanese sounds are still quite different.

Thanks! Tha Ivanov/Polivanov system made me think of the English Wade-Giles vs. pinyin systems.