PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Music of 2010

Allskate
11-25-2010, 01:59 AM
So, it’s that time of year again to reflect on what music we’ve enjoyed – and also to think about what music we might want to buy during the holiday shopping season. (I just got Sara Bareilles' new album for $1.99 at Amazon!)

Some of my favorites:

Ray LaMontagne’s “Beg, Borrow, or Steal.” (The album as a whole is really good.)
“I and Love and You” by The Avett Brothers
"Tighten Up" by The Black Keys
"King of Everything" by Sara Bareilles
"Glitter" by Pink
"Grace Potter and the Nocturnals"
“Sigh No More” by Mumord and Sons
Tom Petty’s “Mojo”

What are your favorites?

moebius
11-25-2010, 05:28 AM
Broken Bells-the whole album, and I rarely like an entire album. i'm very hard to please:)
Belle & Sebastian-I Want the World to Stop
Arcade Fire-Ready to Start, The Suburbs
Keane-Clear Skies
Chemical Brothers-Another World
Underworld-Always Loved a Film
Lady Antebellum-Need You Now (I actually like this song, even though I'm not a big country/pop fan)
Surfer Blood-Harmonix
Two Door Cinema Club-Something Good Can Work
Blonde Redhead-Not Getting There
A Silent Film-You Will Leave A Mark
Only One Night-Say You Don't Want It (lead vocals is Emma Watson's bf, emma also stars in the video)
Weezer-Represent

paskatefan
11-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I still buy CDs (guess I'm "old school"), and I like these:

Carole King & James Taylor - Live at the Troubadour (includes a DVD, too) - I do have a lot of JT recordings from before and Carole King's "Tapestry." Fantastic live concert tour this year, BTW.

The Goo Goo Dolls - Something for the Rest of Us (favorite song - The Sweetest Lie)

jenny12
11-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Two that stand out to me are:

Kanye West "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy"
Favorite song: Power http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwfYKA8pbkw

Arcade Fire "The Suburbs"
Favorite song: Half Light I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmGasUfIOdk

Allen
11-25-2010, 09:52 PM
This has been a really good year in music. Arcade Fire would have been on here, but it's been mentioned. I don't like Kanye West, but the new album is killer. Here are the ones that came to mind

Beach House -- Teen Dream
Gorillaz -- Plastic Beach
David Byrne and Fatboy Slim -- Here Lies Love
Girl Talk -- All Day
Gogol Bordello -- Trans-continental Hustle
Sleigh Bells -- Treats
LCD Soundsystem -- This is Happening
of Montreal -- False Priest
Deerhunter -- Halcyon Digest
No Age -- Everything in Between
Matthew Dear -- Black City
Best Coast -- Crazy for You
Waaves -- King of the Beach
Emeralds -- Does it look like I'm here?
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti -- Before Today
Wild Nothing -- Gemini
Flying Lotus -- Cosmogramma
Broken Social Scene -- Forgiveness Rock Record
Caribou -- Swim

rjblue
11-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Pink at the Grammys singing Glitter was one of my favourite musical performances this year, and I love the song.

Eminem- Recovery (It's a good thing I like this one, otherwise my daughter's 2 months of marathon playing of it would have been tortuous.)

Mumford and Sons- Little Lion Man

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours It's the repeat of this month.

KikiSashaFan
11-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Pink at the Grammys singing Glitter was one of my favourite musical performances this year, and I love the song.

Yes. If you haven't seen it watch it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3stsDXki__U)

Fridge_Break
11-26-2010, 01:53 AM
Have to echo the Pink performance. It may be one of the best things I have seen in the past several years.

Kruss
11-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Gotta agree about Pink and Glitter. These days, there's something hugely satisfying to see someone singing live on TV, and doing it amazingly well. Never mind being upside-down and spinning.

Moka-Ananas
11-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Rooney - I can't get enough
Rooney - Not in my House
Rooney - Pity
Jimmy Eat World - My Best Theory
Jimmy Eat World - Coffee and Cigarettes
The Sounds - 4 Songs & a Fight
Viktorious - When we were 10

Allskate
11-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Right now, there are some really good MP3 albums available for free at Amazon. Amazon is offering $3 in free downloads until Monday. You can use them on albums they have marked down to $1.99, including the latest from Arcade Fire, Weezer, She and Him, Sara B, and Sade. Kanye's album is only $3.99 until Monday.

Free download page is here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000634471&ref=tsm_1_fb_dmget3mp3s_20101122