PDA

View Full Version : Chinese fans to protest Patrick Chan's scores at GPF?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

dundas
11-23-2010, 01:15 AM
They are debating whether to put up a banner or pass on notes in private to judges.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=939324563&ct=335544320&lm=0&sc=0&rn=30&tn=baiduPostBrowser&word=%BB%A8%D1%F9%BB%AC%B1%F9&pn=0

The banner will read "PCS != Patrick Chan's Score' :lol::lol:

They're undecided though. They're afraid of the revenge that Chinese skaters may face.

Will you support such action?

I say "You Betcha it!! Yeaaaaa...." :lol::lol:

sk9tingfan
11-23-2010, 01:34 AM
Kudos to them for their gutsy courage! Their banner should read, "We're All Watching and We're Not Stupid". Then remind them that Santa Claus is Coming to Town! :P

Ozzisk8tr
11-23-2010, 01:45 AM
How very childish.

Twilight1
11-23-2010, 01:57 AM
No different than when the fans left the building for when Barbara Fusar-Poli & Maurizio Margaglio won World's in Vancouver 2001.

Fans can do whatever they want... there is always someone wuzrobbing somewhere

Ozzisk8tr
11-23-2010, 02:13 AM
No different than when the fans left the building for when Barbara Fusar-Poli & Maurizio Margaglio won World's in Vancouver 2001.

Fans can do whatever they want... there is always someone wuzrobbing somewhere

I think leaving the building is far less offensive that putting a banner up. It's not Patricks fault that the judges love him so much. Like it was never Yuna's fault that the judges liked her so much. Now if someone put a banner up in Canada a couple of years ago saying "Mira, we can see your knickers" it would be a different story. ;)

dinakt
11-23-2010, 02:23 AM
While I think Patrick is overscored, I do not support putting anti- Chan banners; in fact, I vehemently oppose it. I even thought " Free Fernandez" banner was not funny at COR, but too agressive.
It is NOT a skater's fault that they currently are being elevated by the judging system. I do not want Patrick, or anybody, to face negative banners and feel persecuted. What they are doing is hard as it is!!!
If the Chinese want to continue the Russian banner " No magic mushroom, judge right", that's fine. But NO mention of patricular skaters! Or pass on your opinion to the Federations and judges privately, in letters, e-mails, whatever. No personal attacks on skaters, please.

casken
11-23-2010, 03:40 AM
:lol: at some Chinese fans thinking other skaters are overscored. Have they been not watching pairs the last ten years?

Aussie Willy
11-23-2010, 04:17 AM
Passing notes to the judges is a big no no. They could get in trouble themselves for doing that because it is trying to influence results.

And anyway what point would they be proving. Because they are probably a different group of judges to ones who have been judging the GP events so far this season.

Anyway the argument over whether Chan is overmarked is no different to the arguments over a number of other skaters who have been "gifted" for PCS when they have very few transitions or lacked any real choreography, regardless of whether they had clean programs.

Allen
11-23-2010, 04:32 AM
If they are making a sign for Chan, then they need to make one for Ando as well :saint:

judgejudy27
11-23-2010, 04:38 AM
If they are making a sign for Chan, then they need to make one for Ando as well :saint:

Ando hasnt been winning events with PCS but with TES. And that she is doing so with only 5 triples is telling to the sad state of the ladies field this season thus far.

aaron
11-23-2010, 04:40 AM
Poor Patrick :( He's a Chinese origin I believe. He would feel terrible to be welcomed like that.

loopey
11-23-2010, 04:42 AM
:lol: at some Chinese fans thinking other skaters are overscored. Have they been not watching pairs the last ten years?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jjane45
11-23-2010, 04:51 AM
Another vote for the magic mushrooms.

judgejudy27
11-23-2010, 05:06 AM

The fans would have done that if anyone other than Bourne & Kraatz won that year which makes it hard to take them seriously.

Polymer Bob
11-23-2010, 05:16 AM
The communists take their international events very seriously. I doubt they will allow protests to mar such an event.