PDA

View Full Version : Chinese fans to protest Patrick Chan's scores at GPF?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

bek
11-25-2010, 08:55 AM
I think some of the backlash we are seeing in Chan's case may have to do with how he presents himself off the ice, in interviews. A little humility could go a long way to change the public perception.

Patrick's comments may be :rollseyes: but I really don't think that's the underlying issue. I mean I've kind of accepted Patrick makes crazy comments by now. And in someways its kind of funny because the comments tend to backfire on him. Oh yes Joubert and Plushenko lost Worlds and the Olympics, but its not like Chan won. :lol: I really think Patrick could be the sweetest guy in the world and say the nicest things in public, and people would still be :angryfire :argue: :wall:When they saw his marks. Al least it would be the case for me.

I mean look how many people (including myself) reacted to Alissa's Czisny's Nationals win. Is Alissa really a dislikeable girl, I think not. She's never said or done anything controversial. She seems like a sweet girl. But as sweet as she may be, it doesn't mean people enjoyed watching her win a competition in such a questionable manner. Just because people are angry about a skater's scores doesn't mean that they hate the skate personally, or even frankly hate the skater's skating (when they skate well). Sometimes they just don't like the skater's scores.

kosjenka
11-25-2010, 05:19 PM
I think some of the backlash we are seeing in Chan's case may have to do with how he presents himself off the ice, in interviews. A little humility could go a long way to change the public perception.

You could be right.
I personally dislike statements he made on several occasions. I think it "helps" me to be annoyed with him keeping the same program again.

But it has nothing to do with him being over scored. This banner is offensive to a person that has done nothing wrong on the ice. And that is where Patric should be judged, on his performance on the ice. Judged fairly, along with other skaters.

Mushroom banner is spot on.
AND it is funny!