PDA

View Full Version : Food Network Cancels "Ace of Cakes"

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rex
11-22-2010, 10:23 PM
This takes the cake... (http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/food-network-cancels-ace-of-cakes/?cmpid=FCST_tvnews) :slinkaway

Doesn't bother me....Duff Goldman and his posse all looked like they needed to bathe anyway. I wouldn't touch their cakes, even if I could afford them :P.

manhn
11-22-2010, 10:42 PM
What?!?! No!!!

BigB08822
11-22-2010, 11:57 PM
I am surprised only because they do reruns all the time, so I assumed it was popular with viewers. I thought it was like watching the same episode every time just with a different cake in the end. Nothing changed. Duff freaks me out, to be honest, poor guy got whacked with the ugly stick. :shuffle:

Norlite
11-22-2010, 11:58 PM
My daughter will be crushed.

IceAlisa
11-23-2010, 12:54 AM
This takes the cake... (http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/food-network-cancels-ace-of-cakes/?cmpid=FCST_tvnews) :slinkaway

Doesn't bother me....Duff Goldman and his posse all looked like they needed to bathe anyway. I wouldn't touch their cakes, even if I could afford them :P.
Same here. But if they cancel Good Eats, I'd cry. :wuzrobbed

emason
11-23-2010, 01:08 AM
Same here. But if they cancel Good Eats, I'd cry. :wuzrobbed

You can keep Good Eats. I go out of my way to avoid this show. Alton Brown - the man who raised annoying schtick to a new level. If he did the show straight, he'd be wonderful, but he has to go over the top with his stupid amateur theatricals every time. He is absolutely my least favorite FN star period.

danceronice
11-23-2010, 01:23 AM
Good Eats, Unwrapped, are about all I watch on Food Network. I HATE HATE HATE 'procedurals' (it's really not hard to follow a recipe, watching someone cook is freakin' boring). My guess on Ace of Cakes is I bet it was getting slaughtered compared to TLC's Cake Boss and probably Amazing Wedding Cakes as well.

FiveRinger
11-23-2010, 01:38 AM

You always put things into perspective for me. I've only watched his show couple of times. He does look a little dusty, which is more apparent when he's on "The Best Thing.I Ever Ate.". Which, if you look at him, seems like everything.

casken
11-23-2010, 01:57 AM
But I lurved Geoff and Ben. :(:(:(

Rex
11-23-2010, 02:37 AM
Duff freaks me out, to be honest, poor guy got whacked with the ugly stick. :shuffle:

You always put things into perspective for me. I've only watched his show couple of times. He does look a little dusty, which is more apparent when he's on "The Best Thing.I Ever Ate.". Which, if you look at him, seems like everything.
Seriously. Beauty ain't his middle name. But he could at least look like he showered. He and his posse look like crusties.

Same here. But if they cancel Good Eats, I'd cry. :wuzrobbed He hasn't been coming on as much. I'm skeert.

You can keep Good Eats. I go out of my way to avoid this show. Alton Brown - the man who raised annoying schtick to a new level. If he did the show straight, he'd be wonderful, but he has to go over the top with his stupid amateur theatricals every time. He is absolutely my least favorite FN star period. Sometimes, the info overload and the delivery of the info can be annoying, but I do think Alton is charming when he wants to be. Plus, he snarks on She Who Shall Not be Named!

Good Eats, Unwrapped, are about all I watch on Food Network. I HATE HATE HATE 'procedurals' (it's really not hard to follow a recipe, watching someone cook is freakin' boring). My guess on Ace of Cakes is I bet it was getting slaughtered compared to TLC's Cake Boss and probably Amazing Wedding Cakes as well.

I am the opposite; I like to learn from the chefs. And if they have an engaging personality that works onscreen, I'm sold. I've been watching The Cooking Channel more and more, and I'm loving them, especially Chuck Hughes.

FiveRinger
11-23-2010, 04:20 AM
Seriously. Beauty ain't his middle name. But he could at least look like he showered. He and his posse look like crusties.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rex again.

Damn! :mad:

Andrushka
11-23-2010, 04:29 AM
Bummer!They have made some really amazing cakes.
I second the "If Good Eats were canceled I'd cry"...I watch Good Eats,The Best Thing I Ever Ate,Diners Drive-ins and Dives and Chopped.I'm a bit of a foodie.

Anita18
11-23-2010, 04:34 AM
Noooooooooo!

My cousin had a quickly-planned wedding, but they did have a Charm City cake and it was so cute! And DELICIOUS. :swoon:

Mayra
11-23-2010, 04:56 AM
My cousin had a quickly-planned wedding, but they did have a Charm City cake and it was so cute! And DELICIOUS. :swoon:

Interesting. To me Cake Boss seemed the better show not only because the characters were more interesting, but because their cakes actually looked edible.

Between the styrofoam, the wood and the other random objects used to construct the cakes, the actual cake(flavor, filling, taste etc) seemed almost secondary. They just didn't seem edible. :lol:

Glad to hear your cousin's cake was good. :)

Anita18
11-23-2010, 05:08 AM
Interesting. To me Cake Boss seemed the better show not only because the characters were more interesting, but because their cakes actually looked edible.

Between the styrofoam, the wood and the other random objects used to construct the cakes, the actual cake(flavor, filling, taste etc) seemed almost secondary. They just didn't seem edible. :lol:

Glad to hear your cousin's cake was good. :)
They had a pretty understated cake. It did have 4 tiers, but a small circumference. The cake topper (two little characters dressed in traditional Chinese garb) was adorable and the decorative icing on the side was beautifully designed. I only recall some cardboard that was used to support the layers, and that was it in terms of funny OTT cake business.

I'm not even a fan of red velvet cake, but it was delicious. I just remembered I even brought some cake to CA from Baltimore and ate it after I got home. :rofl: