PDA

View Full Version : Practicing in Sections Vs. Full Run Throughs

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Dragonlady
11-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Elite skaters don't go hang out by the boards while someone else trains for an event- it's their session too and they know it.

You misunderstand my meaning. I don't mean that the skaters don't train while others skate their programs, but at any rink I've been at, there is one session just before competitions where people give skaters almost clear ice just before a competition if no competitive simulation takes place. This is not the everyday practice where skaters just make way for the skater whose music is playing.

In Canada, I've never seen more than 10 or so top level elites on the ice at any given time.

caseyedwards
11-25-2010, 07:24 PM
I think you meant, in the first sentence, not doing full run-throughs. Certainly Tomas indicated that the European/Russian style of training does not involve full run-throughs and that was a big change for him when he came to Canada to train.

Paul Wylie commented on the NBC coverage that, even though it's early days, the change in training style seems to have helped with Tomas' stamina.

This will be tested when he puts quads back in. He was doing programs with quads and now he is not. His full run throughs do not include an element he plans to add. Only when he puts the quad back in and starts doing full run throughs with quads will his stamnia really be tested. He is not doing 100% of his program.