PDA

View Full Version : Which men will medal at Euros?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

pinky166
11-20-2010, 07:10 PM
A lot of European men seem to be skating well this season. Which ones will medal at Euros?

My picks (in whatever order):

Tomas Verner
Brian Joubert
Michal Brezina (if recovered) or Florent Amodio

Other contenders:

Javier Fernandez
Samuel Contesti
Arthur Gatchinski
Alban Preaubert
Kevin Van Der Perren

Am I forgetting anyone?

judgejudy27
11-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Verner, Joubert, and Brezina if Brezina skates. If Brezina doesnt skate then Amodio. Verner will win I predict.

pinky166
11-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Fernandez and Contesti could play spoiler. Contesti doesn't have a quad or the best PCS but he seems to be pretty consistent in the LP, if he can get his SP under control he will probably do well. Javier had a great FS at his last GP but seems to be suffering from his injury now.

briancoogaert
11-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Joubert, Verner, Brezina (if in shape). Then Contesti and Fernandez !

pinky166
11-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Joubert, Verner, Brezina (if in shape). Then Contesti and Fernandez !

What about Amodio?

Imagine if Amodio and Verner skated their FS back to back :lol:

Nomad
11-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Michelle Kwan.

MikiAndoFan#1
11-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Michelle Kwan.

:lol:

mia joy
11-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Seriously, this could be the first time in history when we'll have two Czech guys on the podium.
As many here, I predict Brian, Tomas and Michal. Verner seems to be gaining from moving overseas and he's having a really solid GP season. Brezina was very consistent last year, so he'll most likely win a medal if fit and ready to compete. Joubert has been there for the last nine years, so I guess whatever happens to him, he'll win bronze at least. I mean, I can't even imagine Euros podium without him anymore :P

Amodio will likely give these three a fight. Perhaps also Fernandez, but you never know with him. Contesti and VDP would have to be very lucky (all the others would have to have major mistakes) to have a slight chance for medals.

So yeah, all in all, make it a fight between two French and two Czech guys :)

senorita
11-21-2010, 01:25 AM
Chan (yes he has so great SS he can do this too!:encore:)

museksk8r
11-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Chan (yes he has so great SS he can do this too!:encore:)

:rofl: Yes, if anyone is to be the next North American following Dick Button to win the European Championship, it will be Patrick Chan, and he can win all disciplines too, mens', ladies', pairs, and dance, as well as all discipline gold medals at Worlds and Olympics too. :P:encore::puppet:

Squibble
11-21-2010, 03:13 AM
Am I forgetting anyone?

The medalists should come from these eight, but there are some very inconsistent skaters on the list. I think there's a remote possibility that six of these could have meltdowns (or be injured). I could see a dark horse such as Peter Liebers (if he sticks to doing singles this season), Konstantin Menshov (if he makes his national team), and Chafik Besseghier (ditto) creeping in and snatching bronze.

Menshov can do two 4T's and a 3A in his LP and scored 220.83 at the Cup of Nice this season.

Liebers could probably score that high if he landed all his jumps and skated clean.

Besseghier needs to bring his PCS and levels way up in order to give the top skaters a run for the money.

2010 Cup of Nice Men's Results (http://www.nice-baie-des-anges.fr/images/stories/docs-coupe/resultats2010/html/CAT003RS.HTM)

Menshov's LP at Nice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8-zewdHxGE)

Liebers' LP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V4fhFQWZIE&feature=related)

Besseghier's LP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PasUwmSip10)

blue_idealist
11-21-2010, 11:09 PM
I said Verner, Joubert and Brezina, if Brezina is well recovered. If not, Amodio has a good chance. He actually still has quite a good chance even if Brezina IS recovered.

Dark horses: Contesti and Preaubert, probably if others bomb. Contesti skated really well in the FS at CoR and pulled himself up (5?) placements. Preaubert is pretty consistent.

Fernandez is struggling lately, I don't think Gachinski is there yet (imo, his FS is bleh), and the judges don't seem to 'like' VDP under the CoP.

professordeb
11-21-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm with senorita and museksk8r on this one :lol:

Actually, I'd like to see Verner for gold, Preaubert for silver, and Joubert for bronze.

pinky166
11-22-2010, 04:19 AM
I'm with senorita and museksk8r on this one :lol:

Actually, I'd like to see Verner for gold, Preaubert for silver, and Joubert for bronze.

I don't see Preaubert beating Joubert but anything's possible. Also at this point I'd say Amodio is heavy edge to Preaubert, but that's just my opinion. I wonder if Verner could still win if he doesn't do the quad? I still think he'll bring it back this season but I can't help but wonder if he doesn't do it at the GPF and does well there if he might just start avoiding it. We shall see.

Nomad
11-22-2010, 04:39 AM
I think the singles comps are anyone's game this year, ladies' and men's. I will not be happy if Mini-Plush medals, though. I find his skating extremely boring, quads and all.