PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan deserves his scores

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21

Rafter
11-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Chan has already been awarded the golds for Worlds in 2011, 2012, 2013, and the 2014 Olympics. How he skates or how many times he falls is irrelevant. The golds are already bought and payed for.

Where is your proof of this?

:rolleyes:

Rafter
11-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Bless your heart. Thank you for admitting that you completely misunderstood my original post.

Actually, you were the one who misunderstood my original post. Either that, or you don't know the difference between one-foot footwork and one-foot skating. :P

dundas
11-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Look at Mao's PCS after 2 falls at TEB, 6-7!!! Mao also has the best skating skills among female skaters according to lots of 'experts'. How to reconcile her scores with Chan's?

I'm sure those Chan apologists will come up with another 'explanation'. Hypocrites to say the least...

Chan is simply despicable.:lol:

blade runner
11-27-2010, 02:11 AM
There is no comparison between Patrick Chan skating skills and Mao's!?!

fscric
11-27-2010, 02:21 AM

Despicable??

Aren't you going too far? Has he harmed your family?

I understand if people hated the scores he's got, but it's simply inconceivable to hate him to this extent of calling him despicable!

professordeb
11-27-2010, 02:52 AM
Look at Mao's PCS after 2 falls at TEB, 6-7!!! Mao also has the best skating skills among female skaters according to lots of 'experts'. How to reconcile her scores with Chan's?

I'm sure those Chan apologists will come up with another 'explanation'. Hypocrites to say the least...

:rolleyes: :shuffle:
Chan is sespicable? :rofl:
Hypocrite, moi?!? :lol:

You really do need to find another tune to play cause this one is dry as bones.

judgejudy27
11-27-2010, 03:06 AM
I do think it is unfair to blame Chan for his ridiculous scores. It is never fair to expect a skater who is outrageously overscored to admit they are and dont deserve their medals. I would not expect any skater to do this. That said a skater who does continously receive such ridiculous scores is the last one who should be mouthing off about his competitors or their scores, which Chan is one of the first to do.

dundas
11-27-2010, 03:34 AM
Admin,

How can I file a complaint? Here's the hate mail I just received from Ozzisk8tr. :lol:

ADMIN EDIT

dundas
11-27-2010, 03:38 AM
There is no comparison between Patrick Chan skating skills and Mao's!?!

Ha ha, that's a good one. :lol:

I'm wondering what Chan's apologists will say if judges decide to dump him which eventually will happen at some point in his career. When Chan starts to receive Maoish PCS of 6-7, what will be the next explanation?
Deterioration of his 'skating skills'? :saint:

Prancer
11-27-2010, 03:55 AM
Admin,

How can I file a complaint? Here's the hate mail I just received from Ozzisk8tr. :lol:

Send me a PM. I'll take care of you.

burntBREAD
11-27-2010, 04:01 AM

I mean, yes I think at times PC's PCS are a little bit high, but they're generally accurate, he really does have the best SS/TR out there, his PE, CH, and IN could be adjusted a bit but still... Mao is a bit of a stretch. Her PCS fluctuates because her strength is the PE/CH/IN side, which usually suffers when you bomb a program. Her SS is very good, but not as good as (I think in another thread there was a general consensus) Kostner, Rochette, Kim, and Lepisto. So it's a bit apples to oranges in comparing them. I still think Patrick was a bit overscored for his SC SP and COR LP, but his COR SP was pretty fair, I think, it works in the rules if you look at it.

Jenna
11-27-2010, 04:01 AM
:rolleyes: How many more times will you continue to insist that "Chan has been awarded the golds for ..."? And you think the golds are already bought and paid (not payed) for. I mean we get it, you don't like him. :violin: Any chance you could stop repeating yourself, or do you just enjoy saying the same thing over and over and over. Are you stuck in an infinite loop? :lol:

:respec:

I would give you reputation if I could. This poster, since Skate Canada, has gone to great lengths to try to convince us all that the next four World golds and the Sochi gold are already bought. It's getting quite annoying.

:violin:

Prancer
11-27-2010, 05:15 AM
It's getting quite annoying.

Are the Ignore lists broken?

Dragonlady
11-27-2010, 02:03 PM

Your assessment of Mao's skills is totally inaccurate.

Before Asada was coached by Tarasova she did have the best skating skills, but with her focus on the 3A after moving to Tarasova, her speed, flow and ice-coverage fell off dramatically. By the time I saw her at 4CC in 2009, she was nowhere near the skater she had been when she won Skate Canada by a wide margin with 4 clean triples, and she finished behind Rochette there.

So you better come up with a better example because this one doesn't hold water, at all.

essence_of_soy
11-27-2010, 02:27 PM
I've seen Chan skate live and he's no Stephane Lambiel, Matt Savoie, or Ryan Janke.