PDA

View Full Version : People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive Is....Ryan Reynolds?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Rex
11-18-2010, 04:15 AM
From People.com (http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20315920_20442733,00.html)

I can't say I agree with this choice, but oh well. His Green Hornet movie is due to be released soon...coincidence?

Cloudy_Gumdrops
11-18-2010, 04:19 AM
He's nice looking enough, but Sexiest Man Alive material? No, not in my opinion.

DickButtonFan
11-18-2010, 04:19 AM
Ohhh it's always about publicity ;)

Theatregirl1122
11-18-2010, 04:20 AM
From People.com (http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20315920_20442733,00.html)

I can't say I agree with this choice, but oh well. His Green Hornet movie is due to be released soon...coincidence?

Wrong Ryan, People Magazine. I voted for Ryan Gosling.

nubka
11-18-2010, 04:25 AM
I've never even heard of him...

ChelleC
11-18-2010, 04:32 AM
I've never even heard of him...

Me either.

all_empty
11-18-2010, 04:50 AM
"Green Lantern," not "Green Hornet." The latter stars Seth Rogen.

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/153-green-lantern-breaks-away-from-earthbound-superhero-movies

Ryan's been around for years. He was much scrawnier when he started (i.e. "Van Wilder") but really bulked up for "Amityville Horror" and "Blade: Trinity." He won over audiences last year with "The Proposal," and of course, wife Scarlett Johansson's heart.

Funny that many of you haven't heard of him. I have a friend at People, and he was my very first guess when I asked last week.

screech
11-18-2010, 04:54 AM
I had fully predicted that Jon Hamm would have been named Sexiest. I guess his being considered a TV star instead of movie star hurt him, though I now predict he'll be named in upcoming years.

But thank god it wasn't Robert Pattinson!

Aaron W
11-18-2010, 05:09 AM
I first became aware of Ryan Reynolds back in the late 90s when he was on the sitcom, "Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place." Back then he wasn't the muscular hunk he is nowadays (though he was cute enough). Whenever this list comes out, people always question the person ranked at the top, but that's just because everyone has different tastes. He's incredibly fit, so I have no qualms with his selection, just as I wouldn't have had a problem with several other hot Hollywood men being selected as well.

jenny12
11-18-2010, 05:12 AM
He's nice looking enough, but Sexiest Man Alive material? No, not in my opinion.

I agree. He's nice looking in a vanilla way. Jon Hamm would've made sense.

ryanbfan
11-18-2010, 05:17 AM
I think he is so incredibly sexy, I love Ryan Reynolds. I have a huge crush on him!

I will be buying this issue :). Most definitely!

haribobo
11-18-2010, 05:22 AM
Good choice. Of the more famous guys that would be in the running, Ryan is definitely one of the hottest. Of course, I see hotter guys at my gym on a daily basis than most of the guys named to this honor...they really should name it "The Best Looking of Hollywood's 5 Most Popular Leading Men As Agreed Upon by a Panel of Random People at People Magazine"...:cool:

Lanie
11-18-2010, 05:30 AM
Henry Cavill needs to be on there. :swoon:

Spinner
11-18-2010, 06:14 AM
Ryan Reynolds :grope: :swoon: I'd agree with all their top 12 list except for Justin Timberlake. He's generic to me.

Quintuple
11-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Gross.

I'm really, really bleched out in my view of him because as a 10-year-old, I screamed at the TV at his incredibly creepy, awkward character on the awful Canadian Nickelodeon sitcom "Fifteen". Hands in his pockets, always skirting up to snake-like Ashley, buying her a scarf and trying to get drunk Jake un-drunk, with an even creepier sister Courtney ... blaaaaah!

Not that I know what it's like, but if ever I was an actor/singer/whatever and suddenly was approached by People asking for a photoshoot because it's been decided I'm the Sexiest Man Alive, I'd probably barf down their laps then laugh until my head exploded.