PDA

View Full Version : People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive Is....Ryan Reynolds?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

LadyNit
11-18-2010, 07:23 AM
His eyes are too small or close together or something. yick.

AliasJohnDoe
11-18-2010, 07:30 AM
I knew he'd make "Sexiest Man Alive" after this EW cover in 2009.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/06/17/ryan-reynolds-proposal-interview-1/

LuckyCharm
11-18-2010, 07:32 AM
Gross.

I'm really, really bleched out in my view of him because as a 10-year-old, I screamed at the TV at his incredibly creepy, awkward character on the awful Canadian Nickelodeon sitcom "Fifteen". Hands in his pockets, always skirting up to snake-like Ashley, buying her a scarf and trying to get drunk Jake un-drunk, with an even creepier sister Courtney ... blaaaaah!

:lol:I was afraid I was the only person who remembered that show! Every time I see RR in anything, all I can think of is "Billy." To his credit, he grew up to be much, much better looking than one would have expected back then. As far as the show being awful, I beg to differ. Canadian teen shows are universally awesome, just because. I wonder what happened to all those kids from Fifteen. RR and "Ashley" (Laura Harris) are the only ones I've seen on screen since then.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
11-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Typical. Another fail from People magazine; not only with Reynold's but some of their runners up as well. Then again I never agree with most of the people they chose for their most beautiful, sexiest, best/worst dressed so it's nothing new.

I agree with the publicity comments. It's the PR folks who hold all the power in Hollywood and I continue to not get the sexiness of Justin Timberlake and Jake Gyllenhaul.

Satellitegirl
11-18-2010, 12:28 PM
I love Ryan Reynolds. Definitely hawt.

Nice to see Joe Manganiello on the list, from True Blood, and Robert Downey Jr :grope: and Jesse Williams from Grey's :grope: :grope:

Rex
11-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Typical. Another fail from People magazine; not only with Reynold's but some of their runners up as well. Then again I never agree with most of the people they chose for their most beautiful, sexiest, best/worst dressed so it's nothing new.

I agree with the publicity comments. It's the PR folks who hold all the power in Hollywood and I continue to not get the sexiness of Justin Timberlake and Jake Gyllenhaul.
It's always amazing that their "Sexiest this" or "Most Beautiful that" lists always contain people with a movie, TV show or album to promote.

I find actors like Ryan Reynolds, Chris Evans and others from that age group to be pretty much interchangeable. And blander than a three-day bowl of oatmeal. And I couldn't stand his Pizza Place tv show mainly 'cause it replaced Ellen DeGeneres' show :mad:. And I found it unfunny to boot.

backspin
11-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Actually "Definitely, Maybe" is worth renting. A very sweet movie.

Veronika
11-18-2010, 02:01 PM
I think he's pretty sexy, and he has a nice body--so that helps. :grope:

Cupid
11-18-2010, 02:11 PM
At least it's not Johnny Depp again (and he does have that movie coming out with Jolie).

Rex
11-18-2010, 02:20 PM
At least it's not Johnny Depp again (and he does have that movie coming out with Jolie).

Amen. Or Shia LeBeouf.
I like Depp as an actor, but c'mon, he's timing, and not well. I know lots of women find him sexy, but to me he always looks like he just came off of a bender. You know, like Amy Winehouse or Courtney Love.

Buzz
11-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Thumbs down from me. He is not a bad looking young man but definitely not "the sexiest man alive".

Sk8tn
11-18-2010, 02:33 PM
He looks more like a Tiger Beat cover boy. (OK, I just aged myself...)

joeperryfan
11-18-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't think i've seen this guy in anything, I can't fully judge his sexiness but I'm not impressed by the photos. It should have been Jon Hamm.

Aaron W
11-18-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't think i've seen this guy in anything, I can't fully judge his sexiness but I'm not impressed by the photos. It should have been Jon Hamm.

That of course is your opinion. For me, Googling Jon Hamm doesn't produce photos that make him look appealing enough to be considered the sexiest man alive. Give me Ryan Reynolds any day over Jon Hamm.

Rock2
11-18-2010, 03:41 PM
I've been expecting this for the last 2-3 years.

I think they waited for him to get into his 30s and be a little less "aw shucks". They do say that men achieve their peak sexiness in mid to late 30s so he needed to age a bit.

Yes, everyone has their tastes. Sure he's a little Tiger Beat and has a narrow face/body that people might not like. He has taken on smaller projects because if his interest in the craft (like a Ryan Gosling) vs. going for the big cash. Green Lantern will be an exception. This is why few know of him.

But, what he does have in addition to his looks is an amazingly appealing personality. Very engaging and intelligent, doesn't take himself seriously and one of the most quick witted guys in Hollywood. Extremely likeable. As an overall package he's at the top of my list.

The worst thing about him is his voice. He can't get all the manly-man leading roles as his voice is higher in the register. Same issue Timberlake has; so that limits their appeal and roles.