PDA

View Full Version : "Burn The Floor" Tour

Satellitegirl
11-17-2010, 08:42 PM
I just won tickets to see "Burn the Floor" on the 30th. I hadn't even heard of it before now, but a page I "liked" on facebook, was giving away tickets. It sounds great, plus Pasha and Anya from SYTYCD are in the cast! :) I'm a huge fan of Ballroom dancing(used to watch the competitions on PBS when they were on) and Dancing With The Stars.

Has anyone seen this tour or seen it on Broadway?

Here's the page with the cast http://www.burnthefloor.com/connect.php

Garden Kitty
11-17-2010, 08:54 PM
I saw it with Maks and Karina in it and really enjoyed it. You'll have fun.

danceronice
11-17-2010, 09:07 PM
No, but I've had a lesson with Tristan (http://www.burnthefloor.com/tristan.php)when he was teaching at our studio in Boston. He's amazing! I've only seen the show on video but it should be awesome.

Satellitegirl
11-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Just saw Ashleigh and Ryan are both in the cast as well(from So You Think You Can Dance)

GarrAarghHrumph
11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
The ballroom dance pros I used to work with all went to see it in NYC, and really had a great time.

tarotx
11-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Janette from s5 sytycd had/has been on tour with this as well. She was beyond awesome in it <3

Ozzisk8tr
11-18-2010, 12:15 AM
The show is hot hot hot. Jason Gilkison who created it is a regular choreographer on Aussie SYTYCD, and Burn The Floor has had a few world tours already. I advise everyone to try and see this as it's such a great show. Jason grew up in Perth (my home town) and we competed at the same time in Ballroom (he was in a different division though as he is a touch younger than me).

Satellitegirl
11-18-2010, 12:26 PM
I just saw on a commercial that Mark Ballas is the special guest star.

JumpinBug
11-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Saw it in Vancouver a few months ago, with Anya and Pasha. Very fun, you'll have a blast.

pixie cut
11-20-2010, 12:52 AM
I just won tickets to see "Burn the Floor" on the 30th. I hadn't even heard of it before now, but a page I "liked" on facebook, was giving away tickets. It sounds great, plus Pasha and Anya from SYTYCD are in the cast! :) I'm a huge fan of Ballroom dancing(used to watch the competitions on PBS when they were on) and Dancing With The Stars.

Anya and Pasha and Ashleigh and Ryan...interesting.

Two other So You Think You Can Dance alums as well, Karen Hauer and Janette Manrara.

Enjoy!

Satellitegirl
12-01-2010, 02:32 PM
I saw it last night. Anya and Pasha weren't there, but Mark Ballas was.

The whole cast was great. One of Australia's SYTYCD winners was in it as well. There were quite a few who had either performed on SYTYCD or were contestants, and there were some that had performed on Dancing With the Stars as well.

Favorite dances were the contemporary dance, Magalenha, and Proud Mary. But the whole show was excellent. I recommend it highly :)

Also, Mark Ballas likes to have his shirt off in this tour as well. :rofl:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/artattack/2010/11/mark_ballas_says_burn_the_floo.php