PDA

View Full Version : Which foreign skaters do Japanese fans like?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

let`s talk
11-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Of all people, "you" are going to lecture others on political correctness? :lol:
Of all people, "you" are going to question that I am not?

Still, your exclamation doesn't answer the point- gaijin hater rant.

Oh, please. . . :rolleyes: If foreign permanent residents aren't allowed to vote in Japanese elections, why should they be allowed to vote in Japanese figure skating popularity polls? :lol: If you are a non-Japanese living in Japan, you should be used to feeling a bit like an outsider. :P

:lol::lol::lol: Ha-ha Good one. All these talks about "non-Japanese nativess" just are hilarious. But when non-Japanese natives do the same talks, I find them pathetic.

Among Japanese (oops, "native Japanese") who I know, nobody actually is a great fan of Yu-na. But at the same time none is a hater.

galaxy
11-25-2010, 09:27 AM
as I know,Japanese seems more intensely on female skaters...I always shocked buy the love-XXX and anti-XXX post on japanese site.those fight seems....violent

luCN, if you are talking about one certain notorious board, don't worry. No figure skating fans pay serious attention to what is said there (except only newcomers) because they know it is not worth much listening to opinions there. As midori said in #60, the same posters do nothing else but keep on posting and bashing over and over and over all day long. The board is in total chaos now controlled by these very few insane trolls. Other fans even don't have freedom to express their opinions there because usually opinions are declined, bashed, torn into pieces fiercely and ditched unless these certain trolls like them and agree with them and think they can accept them. No constructive discussions exist there anymore. Normal figure skating fans go there only to collect infos they need about skaters, shows, competitons and tickets.
Smart fans are very good at ignoring those loud crazy noises. :)

MMTR
11-25-2010, 12:03 PM
I want to believe most of the Japanese fans are fair to all the skaters.:)

So far as I know, the especially popular ones are: Lambiel, Weir, Plushenko and Verner. These four skaters were invited to "Fantasy on Ice" held in July at Niigata, where ice shows are rarely held. But the tickets were sold out and the audience were so excited, including me.

As for ladies, Mao is "too" popular among people who are not always skating fans, so it's rather difficult to name ones who are popular.:( But I think not a few people like Mirai, for she is so cute and clever.

BTW, I myself love Joubert.:)

Kitty Hu
12-13-2010, 11:19 PM
I supposu Evgeni Plushenko \Stephane Lambiel and Jeffrey Buttle~Jeffrey is really popullar in asia~

Extranjera
12-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Mirai Nagasu- I saw many japanese flags after her SP in Turin

VarBar
12-16-2010, 03:56 PM
I think Yagudin used to be immensely popular in Japan but he lost ground massively to Plushenko, Buttle and maybe others. Out of sight out of mind, I guess. But this is a non-Japanese view and it could well be a misperception.