PDA

View Full Version : 2010-11 Grand Prix Assignments Discussion 2.0

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Garden Kitty
11-19-2010, 03:42 AM
Last year Skate America had Yu Na Kim which wasn't exactly an easy field for Rachael. If they got Lepeisto this year, I suspect they had a later pick for ladies this year.

kirkbiggestfan
11-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Each GP has to pick seeded skaters based on the worlds results. What makes a difference is the other skaters you invite. Are you going to invite a showman with no technique and no hope of challenging for gold (read Sweedish entertainers) or are you going to invite a strong skater who happened to have missed worlds last year due to injury?

euterpe
11-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Last year Skate America had Yu Na Kim which wasn't exactly an easy field for Rachael. If they got Lepeisto this year, I suspect they had a later pick for ladies this year.

The top 3 seeds usually pick the events they want. Yu Na, the #1 seed, couldn't get Skate Canada because #2 Rochette was a host pick, so she opted for SA and TEB.

This year, Lepisto was scheduled to do both SC and SA. She had done SC two years previously (her other venues were CoC and NHK) and I think she did choose those two events because they would involve the least travel.

victoriaheidi
11-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Question: does anyone know why the Hubbells, Paul/Islam and Faiella/Scali all withdrew after the SD in Russia?

Sylvia
11-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Question: does anyone know why the Hubbells, Paul/Islam and Faiella/Scali all withdrew after the SD in Russia?
Eislauffan posted in the Cup of Russia forum in the Kiss and Cry section that Paul/Islam withdrew due to her injury "(right lateral muscle of her upper body) and can't do most of the lifts" and Scali has lumbago (lower back pain). The Hubbells withdrew because "Keiffer has a back injury and cannot do lifts" according to Universal Sports' tweet.

victoriaheidi
11-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Wow, ok. That knocks the field down a few pegs. Thanks! Hoping they all recover soon.

calica
11-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the info

chipso1
11-20-2010, 06:39 PM
My USFS predictions. :fragile:

I picked both the Hubbells and Faiella/Scali. Death in my soul. :wall:

LordCirque
11-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Anyone else think F&S will have two new programs at Euros?

Jeschke
11-20-2010, 09:38 PM

i bet at least for a new short dance, but i would be not surprised, if they change their free dance, too, or, just pick the one from last season.

linichuck is known for putting her teams out of the competition, if it doesn´t work, this withdrawal was absolutely no surprise

euterpe
11-20-2010, 10:50 PM
The Hubbells withdrew because "Keiffer has a back injury and cannot do lifts" according to Universal Sports' tweet.

Madison is nearly the same size as Keiffer, so not surprising his back is strained.

piano18
11-20-2010, 11:38 PM

No. But their very little reputation just went right out the window...no chance of them winning Euros now. And they're retiring this season.
I read Faiella is on medications for her ongoing health problems :( But really, I think 99% they'll not be in next season.

victoriaheidi
11-21-2010, 01:13 AM
My USFS predictions. :fragile:

I picked both the Hubbells and Faiella/Scali. Death in my soul. :wall:

I actually picked all three. I thought I was hallucinating when I first saw the withdrawals.

elfenblüte
11-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know why della Monica/Kocon have withdrawn from TEB? :(

stjeaskategym
11-25-2010, 02:04 AM
Does anyone know why della Monica/Kocon have withdrawn from TEB? :(

:wall: The pairs field was already abnormally thin here. This would have been the greatest chance they'd ever have to win a medal... sad for them.