PDA

View Full Version : The Beatles now available on iTunes!

Pages : [1] 2

personwhoishere
11-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Sorry, I'm a bit of a fanatic and thought this news was worthy of it's own thread.
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/11/16/the_beatles_catalog_comes_to_apples_itunes.html

You can even buy every Beatles song ever for $150!! http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/11/itunes-every-beatles-song-ever-for-150/
My poor college student wallet may be hurting by the end of the day...

HisWeirness
11-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks, I've been waiting for this!

Spinner
11-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Breaking News: 98% of Beatles fans around the world already have their music.

personwhoishere
11-16-2010, 05:20 PM

No kidding. Most Beatles fans were also born or in their prime before iTunes even existed. No need to rain on my parade by being sarcastic and condescending about it :P

RockTheTassel
11-16-2010, 05:24 PM

Um, yes, but putting Beatles songs on iTunes might create new interest in great music.

Aceon6
11-16-2010, 06:23 PM

I'm old enough to have an original copy of Meet The Beatles, yet still have gaps in my collection, mostly due to not wanting to purchase CD copies of albums I already had on vinyl. Having an iTunes alternative is a semi-big deal.

moojja
11-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Um, yes, but putting Beatles songs on iTunes might create new interest in great music.

Has interest ever died for the Beatles? They just got a guitar hero game devoted just to them. The game was beautifully made and researched. It sold pretty well too, actually selling out in some area.

But it's nice to have them on iTunes anyways. It seems silly, such litigation just over an Apple logo.

PDilemma
11-16-2010, 08:40 PM
My 15 year old nephew and his friends have recently discovered the Beatles and been trying to get a hold of all the music. So this will be good for some people.

cruisin
11-16-2010, 09:01 PM
I have all of the vinyl recordings. I kept them i great shape and there are no skips, but there is noise. I have a turn table that burns CD's but they don't sound like a digital cut. This is pretty cool.

I know Apple Corp. and Apple (Mac) had resolved their original logo issue before Apple (Mac) had any idea they would be in the music business. When the iPod came out and iTunes began, the original Apple (rightly) got mad. They should, however, have worked something out then. The royalties would have been worth it for the Beatles.

Theatregirl1122
11-17-2010, 02:12 AM
The Beatles being on itunes is a big deal partially because there has been a stranglehold on their music for a while. We all know that the Beatles are one of the biggest groups ever, but their music is years late on this medium change. Hell, Paul McCartney is on twitter. George Harrison is on twitter and he's dead! It's time.

paskatefan
11-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Great news for such timeless music. I'd much rather listen to most of the Beatles' music than a lot of what passes for music today. I wouldn't be surprised if this creates new interest in their music for kids born way after the Beatles' time. :D

Stormy
11-17-2010, 06:21 PM

Or it could just make Apple a sh*t ton more money.

That was very anticlimactic after Steve Jobs promised us an earth shattering announcement. I don't know what I expected but it wasn't that.

Veronika
11-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Or it could just make Apple a sh*t ton more money.

Apple Music, or Apple the computer company? ;)

cruisin
11-17-2010, 10:48 PM

I suspect both. :)

hydro
11-17-2010, 11:34 PM

Apple the computer company doesn't make much profit off iTunes sales. They make the bulk of their billions from hardware sales of Macs, iPods, iPads, and iPhones.

I've also read that after paying operating costs, the music labels and media companies, iTunes barely turns a profit for Apple.

http://www.9to5mac.com/13604/SIA-Chart-Breakdown-of-Apple-revenue-over-last-three-years