PDA

View Full Version : It's official: Prince William and Kate Middleton are engaged!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Zokko!
11-16-2010, 01:26 PM
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/

Good luck to he couple,
hopefully they'll do it better than William's parents ... :slinkaway

orientalplane
11-16-2010, 01:31 PM
:yawn:

God, how boring this is going to be for us poor Brits.

Lorac
11-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Count me as one Brit who is delighted by the news - congrats to the happy couple. Can't wait to see the ring :)

attyfan
11-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Much joy and happiness to them ... and best of luck!

danceronice
11-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Better lucky than his parents had with it (though their rumored plans for a more toned-down wedding already suggest that they're off to a better start.)

allezfred
11-16-2010, 02:36 PM
:yawn:

God, how boring this is going to be for us poor Brits.

It's always struck me as :lol: how much more exciting non-Brits find the royal family than British people themselves.

Zokko!
11-16-2010, 02:38 PM
It's always struck me as :lol: how much more exciting non-Brits find the royal family than British people themselves.
... probably because we just have all the fun and don't have to "pay" for it ...? :lol: ;)

danceronice
11-16-2010, 02:42 PM
We don't have royalty and we react rather violently when our elected officials put on airs (unless they were Kennedys, and even then a lot of people didn't like them.) We have to get our pagentry from somewhere.

I actually just am rather fond of William's grandmother. Especially as a horsewoman. (I love the old footage when someone shot at her during a ceremonial parade--she was riding ASIDE, controlled her horse easily, looked mostly mildly annoyed, and gave him a good pat for listening and coming back to her hand immediately.)

nubka
11-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Finally! I wonder if this is what he really wants, or if he is being pressured into it like his dad was with Diana... :(

Gazpacho
11-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Finally! I wonder if this is what he really wants, or if he is being pressured into it like his dad was with Diana... :(Not at all. He's been with her for eight years and she's a "commoner", albeit an extremely wealthy one, so there would have been no pressure on him to marry her.

But these days Prince Harry is the yummy one :smokin:

Autumm_wind
11-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Better lucky than his parents had with it (though their rumored plans for a more toned-down wedding already suggest that they're off to a better start.)

But I'm not a British taxpayer. I don't care for toned-down royal weddings! :drama:

nuge
11-16-2010, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=Gazpacho;2949992]Not at all. He's been with her for eight years and she's a "commoner", albeit an extremely wealthy one, so there would have been no pressure on him to marry her.

Yes they've been together for a long time .They're not exactly rushing into it are they ?
Kate has been in and around the royal circles for a while so I'm sure she knows what she's doing .It's one thing though to just be a girlfriend and another thing entirely to be a royal bride in waiting :eek:I for one am excited about the news but am going to hate all the media overkill in the next few months :shuffle:
She is going to be followed everywhere and photographed every opportunity ' but she is older than Diana was so hopefully past mistakes will not be repeated :watch:

Gazpacho
11-16-2010, 03:23 PM
By the way, what has Kate been doing the past 6 or so years since she graduated? I know William has been training as a pilot along with all the royal public relations and charity duties, but how about Kate? Does she have a job, or does she just sit around at William's home?

Habs
11-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Finally! :drama:

Congratulations to them. I can hardly wait to get my commemorative spoon set! ;)

Fergus
11-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Cheers for a Royal Wedding!!! :cheer2: :watch:

Already been decreed as an official Gay High Holy Day!

Set your alarms for dawn and make a pot of coffee / pitcher of Bloody Mary's! :D