PDA

View Full Version : U.S Nationals mens winner

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

judgejudy27
11-15-2010, 04:17 PM
At this point who would you favor to win U.S Nationals for the men.

Nomad
11-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Lysacek has two National titles, not three.

Snowgirl
11-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Lysacek can't win 4th title. He has to win 3rd first.

pinky166
11-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Given Jeremy's inconsistency, I doubt he will win his 3rd consecutive title. If Adam can skate well at nationals, he will be the champion.

Maybe Armin could play spoiler? :):respec:

attyfan
11-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Has it been definitely stated that Ryan Bradley will not be at Nats?

Sylvia
11-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Has it been definitely stated that Ryan Bradley will not be at Nats?
No, Bradley could still show up.

ninadel
11-15-2010, 05:53 PM
I would much rather Armin place above Mroz, and since he's left his place at the beginning of his program for a quad that might happen!

Would love Abbott to win, but after last year maybe winning nationals has lost its charm. I would much rather he peak at Worlds.

My bet would be Rippon, assuming he pulls himself together!

briancoogaert
11-15-2010, 07:56 PM
As I don't want to jinx my favorite, I'm fairly sure Brandon Mroz will win this one :P

vmfan89
11-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I put Jeremy because he has a tendancy to do well at Nationals, but I want Adam to win.

mrinalini
11-15-2010, 08:11 PM
I'd love it if either Jeremy or Armin won, but in Armin's case it's extremely unlikely and it might be too much for him too soon. I think Jeremy has the best chance as he hasn't tended to melt down at Nationals. Adam I'm not so sold on at present - his brand of artistry seems a little forced to me, like he's trying too hard to be an arteeste.

If Mroz wins, I will weep. Not only because his skating doesn't enthrall me, but also because I find Tom Z. very creepy.

judgejudy27
11-15-2010, 08:24 PM
It would seem strange to see a skater of Jeremys level win 3 U.S titles but Rippon was dissapointing in his GP events and Mroz doesnt have the complete package of the other two. It will be interesting to see what happens. I really dont think we will see Evan back this year or ever at this point.

museksk8r
11-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Lysacek has two National titles, not three.

Word! Jeremy and Evan have the same number of senior National titles at 2.

RockTheTassel
11-15-2010, 08:28 PM
It would seem strange to see a skater of Jeremys level win 3 U.S titles...

:huh: Why would that seem strange? Jeremy's a great skater when he's on, and he tends to do well at nationals. I'm not saying he has the third title in the bag, but it wouldn't be some huge upset if he won again.

museksk8r
11-15-2010, 08:31 PM
It would seem strange to see a skater of Jeremys level win 3 U.S titles.

I know! Someone of his level should have 10 national titles.

judgejudy27
11-15-2010, 08:33 PM
:huh: Why would that seem strange? Jeremy's a great skater when he's on, and he tends to do well at nationals. I'm not saying he has the third title in the bag, but it wouldn't be some huge upset if he won again.

I agree it wouldnt be an upset if he won since it looks like Rippon might not be ready yet after all, and I am not sure who else can win it. However it would seem strange since the U.S has such an illustrious history of great mens skaters. In the last 30 years they have produced 3 Olympic Champions, have won 11 combined World or Olympic titles, and have countless # of world medals. It would seem strange to see a skater who cant even win a World medal win his 3rd U.S title.