PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a PayPal account for a club

Aussie Willy
11-15-2010, 01:26 AM
We are in the process of doing one for our skating association, however it seems they are never satisfied with the information provided. Once $1000 got into the account, PayPal went into embezzling protection mode.

Of course they have to put safeguards in place but it seems as if once one lot of criteria has been satisfied, they demand more.

The latetst is they have asked for two of use on the committee to put forward a photo ID and proof of address.

If that is done, can we expect to be asked for anything else?

Erica Lee
11-15-2010, 08:07 AM
I've heard that PayPal does have a "limit" of cash transactions and once it's reached does start to ask for more information to protect from money laundering schemes. It gets suspicious when a new accounts gets a lot of money really quickly - so it sounds like this has happened to you.

I'm currently working overseas and a lot of people I know, doing the same as me, use PayPal to send money to their bank accounts back home. A lot of them have run into the same issue.

From all accounts, they've told me once they satisfy the requirements asked of them - that's it. It's a one-time thing and you should be good to go after that.

It's unfortunate us "innocent folk" have to jump through all these hoops but I guess paypal's gotta do what it's gotta do.

Aussie Willy
11-15-2010, 09:18 PM
We got it resolved. So we were able to get the money into the club bank account.

But it wasn't without our Treasurer putting in a lot of effort and asking a lot of questions.

Still it does mean we have a PayPal account for future which will help with our member payment options.