PDA

View Full Version : WORLD STANDINGS

euterpe
11-14-2010, 08:55 PM
The ISU World Standings are mixed up, especially for MEN and DANCE. Medalwinners from Cup of China didn't get their GP points - check out MROZ (silver), KOZUKA (gold) and PECHALAT / BOURZAT (gold). They show no GP points for this season.

If subsequent GP events start orders are based on World Standings, they will not be correct.

haribobo
11-15-2010, 12:14 AM
I noticed that today too. Pretty lame. That was a pretty uninspiring mens comp anyway, maybe they're being challenged to come up with some more interesting programs before they can get their points. ;) (except Verner. I love you, Tomas)

As for the start orders, it doesn't matter that much anyway. Kemp/King, KVDP, and McCorkell are always way too late in the start order anyway, their rankings are way too high. And Mukhortova/Trankov are still on the pairs list. :rolleyes: As long as the CoC points get applied by the time next season rolls around, I'm happy. I've found it easier just to be blissfully ignorant when it comes to things like this...

HisWeirness
11-15-2010, 12:27 AM
:confused:

http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm

I see the CoC points here.

You may be looking at the season's world ranking. But it looks like the CoC results are there too.

http://www.isuresults.com/ws/wr/wrmen.htm

The season's world ranking is not used to seed skaters at ISU events, only the ISU World Standings, which appear to be correct.

Sylvia
11-15-2010, 12:28 AM
The ISU World Standings are mixed up, especially for MEN and DANCE. Medalwinners from Cup of China didn't get their GP points - check out MROZ (silver), KOZUKA (gold) and PECHALAT / BOURZAT (gold). They show no GP points for this season.
These skaters now have their GP points and the ranking points from Skate America have been added to the ISU World Standings lists as of 11/15/2010 12:50:01 AM.

haribobo
11-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Cool, thanks Sylvia!

See, euterpe, you just have to give them a chance. Eventually they'll fix their mistakes. :saint:

Good for K/G-S, improving their ranking from 82 to 59, also Murakami from 18 to 12 and Meite from 50 to 40. I forgot to check men and pairs beforehand, but I'd say Mabanoozadeh probably took a nice leap forward- he's now ranked 34th.

Sylvia
11-15-2010, 01:25 AM
I forgot to check men and pairs beforehand, but I'd say Mabanoozadeh probably took a nice leap forward- he's now ranked 34th.
Mahbanoozadeh was ranked 54 before Skate America (according to the pre-Skate America World Standings rankings listed in the projected starting orders in the SA Entries thread in Kiss and Cry).

Iceman
11-18-2010, 05:40 PM
And Caroline Zhang is 14th in the world, above Mirai, Alissa and Ashley!!!!!!