PDA

View Full Version : If Lepisto and Korpii skated clean programmes at World's

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

wonderlen
11-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Miki is the only consistent skaters so far. With the 70% rule on the < jumps, it will definitely help her TES score wise as she is a few of the ladies attempting triple-triple. While her PCS is not sky rocketing, its strong enough. With new seasons and so many skaters getting their mojo back, the ladies field is very water down. I could definitely see someone running a way with world title and not even cracking the 190 mark.

NMURA
11-15-2010, 04:00 PM
They can't skate clean because their program contents are beyond their capabilities. Same thing could be said to many "inconsistent" skaters, like Lambiel, Chan, Rochette, Cohen...

pinky166
11-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Miki is the only consistent skaters so far. With the 70% rule on the < jumps, it will definitely help her TES score wise as she is a few of the ladies attempting triple-triple. While her PCS is not sky rocketing, its strong enough. With new seasons and so many skaters getting their mojo back, the ladies field is very water down. I could definitely see someone running a way with world title and not even cracking the 190 mark.

ITA. I think Miki has a great shot at another World title, and Flatt, Nagasu, Gao (whoever is on the World team) could have a good shot at medaling. The field is so totally wide open now, with Laura, Carolina injured, Mao imploding, Yuna and Joannie as question marks, Mirai still recovering, Rachael working hard on the 3lz-3lo, Alissa's seeming comeback, Ksenia being a force on the senior circut, and the last spot on the Japanese World team undetermined (likely a battle between Murakami and Suzuki).

smarts1
11-15-2010, 09:29 PM
^ From what it looks like, Murakami has a great chance at medalling this year. I mean her PCS is skyrocketing for someone who just came out of juniors with less hype than what Kim and Asada got when they got out of juniors.

museksk8r
11-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Having it wide open is :yawn:?

No, having Yu-Na show up and win the SP by 20 points is :yawn:! I'm happy there is actually no clear favorite this year, it makes things a bit more exicting. Right now a different lady has won every GP, it's going to come down to who nails it on competition day, and right now, that could be many people.

Oh, please don't misunderstand me, I love unpredictability! My boredom so far comes from not personally enjoying many of the ladies' programs yet. It's not like ice dance where I've come to absolutely love many dancers' programs upon first viewing this season. The ladies aren't really grabbing my attention yet. Standouts for me so far are Alissa's, Carolina's, and Akiko's LPs though. Let's hope they all advance to Worlds and give their best showing there! :respec: As for Yu-Na and Joannie, I miss them and their skating/programs. I don't miss Yu-Na winning SPs by 20 points at all! ;)

pinky166
11-16-2010, 12:04 AM
^ From what it looks like, Murakami has a great chance at medalling this year. I mean her PCS is skyrocketing for someone who just came out of juniors with less hype than what Kim and Asada got when they got out of juniors.

I agree, but because we aren't sure if she'll even be on the team, it's hard to say. For example, I don't think Akiko will medal at worlds but do think it is possible that she might beat Kanako at nationals and be named to the World team instead so we shall see.

Also, if Mao keeps imploding, are we sure JSF just wouldn't send Miki, Kanako, and Akiko instead? I know for the Olympics it was one thing, but honestly, if Mao doesn't have it together she really should not be competing at all this season and it would seem silly to send her if 3 other ladies are skating well and she isn't.

miki88
11-16-2010, 12:16 AM
I agree, but because we aren't sure if she'll even be on the team, it's hard to say. For example, I don't think Akiko will medal at worlds but do think it is possible that she might beat Kanako at nationals and be named to the World team instead so we shall see.

Also, if Mao keeps imploding, are we sure JSF just wouldn't send Miki, Kanako, and Akiko instead? I know for the Olympics it was one thing, but honestly, if Mao doesn't have it together she really should not be competing at all this season and it would seem silly to send her if 3 other ladies are skating well and she isn't.

It also depends on how Kanako and Akiko do in GPF. I imagine it's hard choice for JSF regarding Mao, but I think if she's in not good condition by nationals, I think there won't be a big fuss about it. Mao has always been someone who abided by the rules.

smarts1
11-16-2010, 01:33 AM
^ Akiko is fairly consistent, and Kanako has had strong performances in the past. But even Akiko has been increasing her reputation in front of the judges (her PCS have also risen). I'd put my money on Akiko for now.

judgejudy27
11-16-2010, 02:31 AM
ITA. I think Miki has a great shot at another World title, and Flatt, Nagasu, Gao (whoever is on the World team) could have a good shot at medaling. The field is so totally wide open now, with Laura, Carolina injured, Mao imploding, Yuna and Joannie as question marks, Mirai still recovering, Rachael working hard on the 3lz-3lo, Alissa's seeming comeback, Ksenia being a force on the senior circut, and the last spot on the Japanese World team undetermined (likely a battle between Murakami and Suzuki).

The fact she is already training it is very unlikely Kim wont be at Worlds and she only has to show up at 75% to beat Ando and 65% to beat most of those others you named. So unless Kim formally retires nobody you mentioned has a good shot. If the field stays as weak as it has been this season I would be surprised if Joannie doesnt show up too. And last year Mao was this bad and had her act together bigtime for the Olympics and Worlds, skating at a level none of those you mentioned can hope to aspire to right now. So we will see what happens this time.

pinky166
11-16-2010, 03:03 AM
The fact she is already training it is very unlikely Kim wont be at Worlds and she only has to show up at 75% to beat Ando and 65% to beat most of those others you named. So unless Kim formally retires nobody you mentioned has a good shot. If the field stays as weak as it has been this season I would be surprised if Joannie doesnt show up too. And last year Mao was this bad and had her act together bigtime for the Olympics and Worlds, skating at a level none of those you mentioned can hope to aspire to right now. So we will see what happens this time.

Yuna is going to have to change her usual layout for Worlds though do to the new 2a rules, meaning unless she brings back the 3lo she will have to leave out the 3lz-3t or the 2a-3t and that will give her less of an advantage. Also we don't know how the judges will score her, it seems like in general scores this season are much lower than in past seasons...

museksk8r
11-16-2010, 04:20 AM
Yuna is going to have to change her usual layout for Worlds though do to the new 2a rules, meaning unless she brings back the 3lo she will have to leave out the 3lz-3t or the 2a-3t and that will give her less of an advantage.

She could do:

3Lutz+3toe
3flip
2Axel
3toe+2toe+2loop
x3Salchow
x3Lutz
x2Axel+2toe

This layout wouldn't be too different points-wise from her old layout. Kim's layout isn't what really gave her an advantage; her quality of execution did.

miki88
11-16-2010, 04:29 AM
For Yuna, it really depends on her motivation and how well she is adapting to this coaching change. But if no one steps up by then, it's going to be pretty easy for her. I am hoping Joannie will come back, Mao will start to regain her form, and others like Mirai will start to show more of their potential or else it's going to be a snoozefest.

muffinbiscuit
11-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Is she competing?

poths
11-16-2010, 07:32 PM
They can't skate clean because their program contents are beyond their capabilities. Same thing could be said to many "inconsistent" skaters, like Lambiel, Chan, Rochette, Cohen...Well that's nonsense, since the only jump Susanna missed in her LP at the Olympics was the salchow, that she doubled and can clearly do in her sleep.

Korpii also went clean in 2006 Euros to make the Olympic team.

I won't even bother point out Lambiel's perfect FP at worlds 2006...oops, just did.

poths
11-16-2010, 07:43 PM
At the moment the challengers seem to be:

Miki / Mao (despite the horrendous start) / Suzuki

Nagasu / Czisny ( I refuse to believe any judge would let Flatt medal)

Makarova (more top 6 than medals), Korpii (very unlikely that she'd ever go clean)

Phaneuf (has the capacity)

___
MIA: Kim, Rochette, Lepisto

Since I love a good underdog, a Podium of Korpii (on the senior scene since 2005), Suzuki (since 2002), Phaneuf (2004) and or Czisny (2004) would be EPIC. With the exception of Suzuki, they are all serial under performers who have only ever shown flashes of their capabilities (Cynthia 5th at Worlds, Korpii 4th in the Worlds SP, Czisny on the GP and Suzuki on the GP circuit too.)