PDA

View Full Version : For all things Fútbol...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67

ioana
11-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Unloading would be the smart option, but I don't know how easy that would be. Maybe if Chelsea would be willing to buy out part of the 40 million pounds that are still left from his signing fee? Then again, if he somehow has a few good months, there might be a few teams willing to sign him for next season. He's always talked about going back to Atletico, but they would be stark raving mad (IMO) to give them Falcao, even if they get quite a bit of money in exchange for Torres.

Buzz
11-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Scolari is back in charge of Brazil and I do not want to think about what will happen to him if they do not win the next World Cup. :lol:

Buzz
12-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Man U needs to do something about their defence. I mean three goals in twenty minutes?!?! :wideeyes:

Buzz
12-02-2012, 02:10 PM
What is this I hear about Landon Donovan and possible retirement?! :wideeyes:

KHenry14
12-02-2012, 03:14 PM
What is this I hear about Landon Donovan and possible retirement?! :wideeyes:

He gave an interview where he spoke about the burnout he's currently feeling. That includes the Galaxy and surprisingly the USMNT too. Not many here in LA actually believe him, other to say that he may want a change of address permanently. Meaning a Jan. transfer to Everton. He's clearly shown he's the greatest player in the history of MLS, with five championships, and the holder of most of the important goal scoring records, and that means he has nothing to prove here anymore. While he's already shown he can play at Everton, playing there a full season may be just the thing to interest him. But the comments about retiring from the USMNT are troubling and a bit of a mystery.

KHenry14
12-02-2012, 03:21 PM
BTW, congrats to my Back to Back MLS Cup champion LA Galaxy. Took a punch in the nose at the end of the first half, came back and scored three to take the title. I've never attended a game where the title was to be decided, not World Series, Stanley Cup, Superbowl, so this MLS Cup game was very special. And to have your team win the Cup on your own pitch made it very special.

This run is over however, as the team could lose more than Beckham. But Kaka may be coming to take Becks' spot, so that may help. :cool:

NeilJLeonard
12-04-2012, 12:21 PM
BTW, congrats to my Back to Back MLS Cup champion LA Galaxy. Took a punch in the nose at the end of the first half, came back and scored three to take the title. I've never attended a game where the title was to be decided, not World Series, Stanley Cup, Superbowl, so this MLS Cup game was very special. And to have your team win the Cup on your own pitch made it very special.

This run is over however, as the team could lose more than Beckham. But Kaka may be coming to take Becks' spot, so that may help. :cool:
Landon Donovan may leave the team and, possibly, the sport. His moving permanently to Everton or retiring completely could happen this winter. Or, maybe some extended time off will recharge his batteries & he'll return next season ready to go. Personally I'd like him to at least hang around one way or another until after WC 2014 in Brazil, certainly he'd be useful in a very challenging Hex just to get there, but the choice is his to make. We'll see.

NJL

ioana
12-04-2012, 03:45 PM
FWIW, I'm only a casual follower, but Donovan's one of the few players I always recognize and look for on the US team -both in terms of name and playing style. I think that's always nice to see & agree it would be nice if he sticks around for a while.

Buzz
12-04-2012, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing him make it big it in Europe... :shuffle:

Buzz
12-05-2012, 10:53 PM
How did my boys lose in the CL to a team whose name I can't even pronounce. :lol:

Buzz
12-07-2012, 06:29 PM
UEFA is planning on spreading the 2020 Euros among several different countries all over Europe. Personally I think this is a bad idea but I guess they know what they are doing. UEFA is also considering expanding the Champions League and possibly doing away with the Europa Cup.

ioana
12-07-2012, 06:48 PM
How did my boys lose in the CL to a team whose name I can't even pronounce. :lol:

Cluj is actually one of the first clubs in Romania to field a mostly international team. Given the mess the first Romanian league currently is, this was a huge win for them and hopefully will lead to (deranged) fans thinking twice before they pull out crap like complaining about Wesley (from Brazil) being awarded top goal scorer in a Romanian league since, ya know, we can't have furriners winning that.

Buzz
12-08-2012, 11:58 PM
It is some comfort that Man City did not make it to the next round of the CL. Hopefully we will beat them in the derby tomorrow! :D

Buzz
12-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Man U beat City 3-2 today!!! :cheer2: and Messi broke Gerd Mueller's 40 year old record as well today by scoring hs 86th goal. Trilled for him but wish he would score for Argentina too sometimes.

beepbeep
12-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Scolari is back in charge of Brazil and I do not want to think about what will happen to him if they do not win the next World Cup. :lol:

That would be assuming that he stays that long.

Because at this rate, if he doesn't win every single match in an utmost convincing manner, he'll be gone in a year.
For CBF, coaches should arrive and produce instant results with the players that CBF wants, instead of analyzing things for a while, get the right palyers and then work towards the results.