PDA

View Full Version : For all things Fútbol...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Buzz
10-11-2011, 10:04 PM
It seems France did indeed hold on to the draw, Italy, Spain, Russia, Greece, Turkey, Israel, Croatia and Rep of Ireland were all winners today as well. Sweden beat the Dutch to qualify as the best runners up while Turkey, Croatia, Czech Rep will all go to the play offs.

NeilJLeonard
10-12-2011, 02:47 AM
USA 0 v 1 Ecuador

Discouraging game. USA still can't score, 2 goals in 5 games since Klinsmann took over, and gives up a goal that should not have happened late in the game to lose once again. We are now 1 win, 1 tie, and 3 losses during Klinsmann's reign. Hopefully he'll find some magic for us soon. As one of the announcers said tonight that if he's using the best players we have in our player pool the USA is in deep trouble. We simply are not that good. Pathetic on the attack and not deep enough on defense to sub out any old timers. I hope we make it to Brazil 2014, but if we continue the way we're going we may very well not be there.

We'll see what gives in June.

NJL

NeilJLeonard
10-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Slight shocker from USSF Div 2 NASL. In the semi-final round the Ft Lauderdale Strikers won both legs of a home & home series (3-1 away & 2-1 at home) to eliminate the defending league champion Puerto Rico Islanders (#2 finisher in the regular season) 5-2 on aggregate. In the other semi-final the Minnesota Stars defeated the league regular season leader Carolina Railhawks in a 2nd leg PK shootout 5-3 after both teams were tied on aggregate after 2 games to make the finals round vs Ft Lauderdale.

The #4 regular season finisher (The Strikers) will play at Minnesota (#6) on the 22nd of October & replay in Ft Lauderdale on the 29th of October to determine who this years NASL champion will be. The Strikers won the season series with 2 wins and 2 draws. Hopefully that season long trend will continue until the end of the month...;)

NJL (...I am a Striker Liker, if you haven't figured that out by now...:D...)

Buzz
10-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Carlos Tevez have returned to training albeit by himself apart from the rest of the team. Man City have said that it is doubtfull he will ever play with the team again and does still face a desciplinary hearing. And in WC qualifiers, Venezuela beat Argentina.

P.S.
Striker Liker! I like that. hehehe

NeilJLeonard
10-24-2011, 01:33 PM
The trend did not continue. The Strikers put themselves in a deep, deep hole with a 1-3 loss at Minnesota. They were so inept that they couldn't score any goals. The one that was credited to them was a Minnesota own goal....:( The series continues at Lockhart Stadium Saturday evening. Hopefully the red & yellow can dig themselvs out of this hole, but I fear it is a bit too deep.

We'll see.

NJL (..in it's way this was a worse loss than the Dolphins total collapse on Sunday....:eek:....it's been a tough sports week-end in south Fl...:o...)

ETA: Man City 6 v 1 Man U!.....:wideeyes:...who'd a thunk it?

Buzz
10-24-2011, 02:11 PM
(((((((((NeilLeonard))))))))) About the London derby... PLEASE don't remind me! :wuzrobbed

KHenry14
10-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Man City 6 v 1 Man U!.....:wideeyes:...who'd a thunk it?

It seemed like United just quit after the red card Evans got. The most disgraceful performance at Old Trafford in anyone's memory. BTW, you know you screwed up bad when you have those Brit announcers rip you. I've never hear Brit announcers go after a guy like they went after Evans yesterday. No doubt he deserved it, but it's unusual to hear that.

NeilJLeonard
10-30-2011, 03:15 AM
Strikers 0 v 0 Minnesota Stars

Minnesota wins the NASL Championship on 3-1 aggregate. Wet, rainy night & a very smart Minnesota team were too much for the Strikers. I did not stay for the trophy presentation....;)

NJL (poop...:(...)

ETA: For all of that, both newspapers report that 6,849 attended the game. This is the Strikers largest crowd of the season. I wonder how many more would have attended without the incredible rain we had Saturday.

Buzz
10-31-2011, 11:39 PM
Inter-Milan striker Antonio Cassano was taken to hospital with stroke like symptoms and will not be available for Inter's match tomorrow with Bate. Good luck to him for a speedy recovery.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2011/10/30/2735340/ac-milans-antonio-cassano-taken-to-hospital-after-falling

Buzz
11-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Man U is playing what's their name from Turkey and so far it is 1-0. :respec:

NeilJLeonard
11-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Man U is playing what's their name from Turkey and so far it is 1-0. :respec:
They won 2-0 to go to the top of their groups table. BTW, FC Otelul Galati (Galati Steel) is from the Romanian city of Galati.

NJL (...and they played a very good game against a depleted Man U....:)....)

Buzz
11-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Yeah... I was gonna edit that out but forgot... LOL :slinkaway

KHenry14
11-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Well, my LA Galaxy beat RSL yesterday in the MLS Western Conf final 3-1. Beckham had an incredible game, and Robbie Keane showed that he's the quality striker the team needs.

In two weeks they will face Houston, who will be without their best player in Brad Davis, who got hurt in their game against SKC. And with the MLS Cup game being played in our home building, where the team hasn't lost all season, trends look good. But MLS Cup history is loaded with favorites who have lost, so they need to put the hammer down on this game Dynamo side.

NeilJLeonard
11-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Well, my LA Galaxy beat RSL yesterday in the MLS Western Conf final 3-1. Beckham had an incredible game, and Robbie Keane showed that he's the quality striker the team needs.

In two weeks they will face Houston, who will be without their best player in Brad Davis, who got hurt in their game against SKC. And with the MLS Cup game being played in our home building, where the team hasn't lost all season, trends look good. But MLS Cup history is loaded with favorites who have lost, so they need to put the hammer down on this game Dynamo side.
I was going to post the score, but decided to wait and see if you'd do it...:cool:

Good set up for the Galaxy. We though we had the same with the Strikers in the NASL final, but it didn't work out as we'd hoped. Here's hoping things work out better for you...:)

NJL (...and here's hoping that the Strikers one day whip the Galaxy badly in an MLS final...:D...)

KHenry14
11-08-2011, 07:27 AM
NJL (...and here's hoping that the Strikers one day whip the Galaxy badly in an MLS final...:D...)

Ha! I'd love to see that happen one day.....