PDA

View Full Version : For all things Fútbol...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

NeilJLeonard
08-29-2011, 04:49 PM
I am a Man U fan but I had to double check that score. I just could not believe it at all. Arsenal defeated 8-2! :wideeyes:
I watched that game on Fox Soccer Channel in amazement. Rooney's hat trick came from 2 free kicks outside the box, using the same schoolyard trick each time, & a PK. The 2 best goals of the night were from the run of play by Ashley Cole. Both should be on the season Highlight reel. An on and on.

It stunned me to see Arsenal so utterly helpless. It must be said that they do need some defensive help real soon.....;)

NJL

Buzz
08-30-2011, 12:07 AM
My best wishes to Didier Drogba who was knocked out cold during Chelsea's game with Norwich City for about 30 minutes. Reports are that there seems to be nothing wrong but I hope they are not taking that for granted.

Buzz
08-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Arsenal has signed Andre Santos from Fenerbahce and rumours of a signing of Park Chu Young. Let's see if these does the job for Arsenal or else Wenger will be looking for a job. And Russia will be without their captain and GK for their Euro qualifiers because of Knee injury.

Buzz
09-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Messi & Co. was in Kolkata India (formerly Calcutta) to play Venezuela in an exhibition match. By all accounts the South Americans were a hit but only time will tell if they will spur greatter interest in football in India. Argentina won 1-0 in front of a sold out crowd.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2091543,00.html

Buzz
09-03-2011, 03:05 AM
Germany has become the first Euro 2012 qualifier. Congratulations to them and here are the rest of the results from today.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ivMumGk7rnV3fHQgPQnvHMUZ5s1Q?docId=CNG.f3146 07c33f975a43e3cdc84650d024b.aa1

KHenry14
09-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Jeez, the USMNT lose a friendly to Costa Rica at the Home Depot Center 1-0. At times in the first half the USA showed signs of brilliance...yet they couldn't finish. Easily the worst game Landon Donovan has played for the USMNT in a long while.

Klinsi played a lot of guys who aren't likely to be on the pitch come next year when qualifying starts, but it's good to see some up and comers like Tim Chandler start and play pretty well.

Be interesting to see the team in Belgium for the next friendly as it will be a much different group of guys playing then...no Donovan for example.

NeilJLeonard
09-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Jeez, the USMNT lose a friendly to Costa Rica at the Home Depot Center 1-0. At times in the first half the USA showed signs of brilliance...yet they couldn't finish. Easily the worst game Landon Donovan has played for the USMNT in a long while.

Klinsi played a lot of guys who aren't likely to be on the pitch come next year when qualifying starts, but it's good to see some up and comers like Tim Chandler start and play pretty well.

Be interesting to see the team in Belgium for the next friendly as it will be a much different group of guys playing then...no Donovan for example.
Our 1st loss to CR in the US, ever, and gives them a game advantage in wins all time - we've never won when playing them in CR. I went to bed at the half, well after midnight here, with a 0-0 tie and the feeling the US would have to finish better to win it. I guess they didn't.

On to Belgium!

There was an brief notice in the Miami Herald this morning that the USMNT will be at SunLife (Dolphin) Stadium on October 8th to play a friendly v Honduras. It is their 1st visit here in 6 or 7 years. Klisi should have all players worldwide available for this match. It, too, will be interesting to see who he picks.

NJL

NeilJLeonard
09-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Belgium 1 v 0 USA

Thus far Klinsi's record is 0-2-1. I'm not inspired....:yawn:

On to Miami & the Stadium-of-Many-Names & a rousing defeat by that top world power: Honduras!..:D

NJL

Buzz
09-07-2011, 09:36 PM
((((((((((Neil & Henry))))))))))) SO the USA's first two games under Klinsmann were losses. Ouch...

KHenry14
09-08-2011, 02:25 AM
Thanks Buzz....it's a long growing period for the team. For whatever reason they've gone over a year without scoring more than two goals in a game. That's pathetic....

But Klinsi is an offensive coach, so i expect that statistic will change soon.

And add in to this mix that Klinsi is trying out a bunch of new guys, and that's a recipe for a few losses.

I wont get worried unless they play like this next June when qualifying starts.

NeilJLeonard
09-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks Buzz....it's a long growing period for the team. For whatever reason they've gone over a year without scoring more than two goals in a game. That's pathetic....

But Klinsi is an offensive coach, so i expect that statistic will change soon.

And add in to this mix that Klinsi is trying out a bunch of new guys, and that's a recipe for a few losses.

I wont get worried unless they play like this next June when qualifying starts.
We'll see. He seems to be getting much more slack than BB ever had. But Bob was never as popular a choice for the job as Jurgen is.

I wonder what the USSF will do in he does not get the USA to qualify for the 2014 WC? Or even gets close to appearing that they wont? He's got until June or so to get his act together. Then it's qualifying time & things get very, very serious and failure is not an option.

I wish him well because I think what he wants to do, and has been hired to do, is something that needs to be done. I really don't see anyone else around that could even try to do it, either.

Rumor has it that BB is getting feelers from a club in Mexico. How wacky is that? How odd it would be if he took it?....:eek:

NJL (...about as odd as Landon Donovan going to Mexico's Club America instead of Everton in the run up to the 2010 WC?....;)...)

KHenry14
09-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Just a quick note about my guy Charlie Davies...He gets the hat trick tonight against Chivas USA. To my eyes, it looks like his speed is all the way back from the injuries. Here's hoping he gets a shot soon with the USMNT.

NeilJLeonard
09-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Just a quick note about my guy Charlie Davies...He gets the hat trick tonight against Chivas USA. To my eyes, it looks like his speed is all the way back from the injuries. Here's hoping he gets a shot soon with the USMNT.
Maybe Oct 8th in Miami? Maybe he and Jose up top in a 2 man front line?

We'll see.

NJL

KHenry14
09-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Maybe Oct 8th in Miami? Maybe he and Jose up top in a 2 man front line?

We'll see.

NJL

Jozy and Charlie have had a fair amount of success together, the next step IMO is to play Freddie Adu underneath the two of them, as Freddie has a good rapport with Jozy. Isn't that what these friendlies are about?

NeilJLeonard
09-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Jozy and Charlie have had a fair amount of success together, the next step IMO is to play Freddie Adu underneath the two of them, as Freddie has a good rapport with Jozy. Isn't that what these friendlies are about?
Sounds interesting. We'll see how Klinsmann plays it. He has a few more games to lose before he'll get much more heat. I believe that we have until June, 2012(?) until WC 2014 qualifying starts. If he uses every International date on the calendar for friendlies he should be able to take a good look at a ton of possible candidates. Since he wants a major change to the team ASAP this is going to be a very interesting winter for us to watch. Hopefully he can spin some magic & bring forth a North American beast that can handle not only Mexico but any and all of the pre-WC favorites. Again, we'll see...:)

BTW, where is Freddie playing, hopefully not sitting...;)..., this season?

NJL

ETA: As a side note - the Ft Lauderdale Strikers defeated FC Edmonton in Alberta yesterday 2-1. This puts my beloved Red & Gold (yellow?) hoops into the NASL (Div 2) playoffs for the 1st time in 5 years. Here's wishing them luck in their last 2 games to, possibly, secure a 3rd or 4th place finish & at least one home play-off game. Who knows? With a decent run of play, and some goodly chunks of good luck, they might actually win this championship play-off. Or not....:shuffle: We'll see.