PDA

View Full Version : For all things Fútbol...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Buzz
08-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Forgive my ignorance but when does the summer transfer window close?

Buzz
08-17-2011, 12:56 AM
CL play offs are ongoing today and tomorrow and Rubin appears to be done for because they lost to Olympic Lyonnise 3-1. I just cannot imagine them coming back for that on their home leg. But at least I got a look at OL's hottie coach. :hat1: In another game with sides you might just recall :lol: Arsenal beat Udinese 1-0 thanks to Theo Walcott. I for one never had a doubt, but Arsenal is in a transition phase and are missing two important players. Only time will tell who will replace them.

Buzz
08-17-2011, 01:41 PM
The most eye popping transfer is Samuel Eto'o leaving Inter Milan for Russian Club Anzhi-Makhachkala. A club based in the trouble region of Dagestan. WHY? I have no idea. The man is a legion and I am sure there were better clubs elsewhere. I am so baffled. This is the place where Roberto Carlos had a banana thrown at him.

NeilJLeonard
08-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Yup, mostly because that team is a disaster and they had no other choice.
MagicJack 3 v 1 Boston Breakers in the opening round of the WPS playoffs. Abby scored 2, one on a PK, & Megan Rapinoe scored 1 in a game that magicJack pretty much dominated at FAU soccer field in Boca Raton, FL.

It was fun to watch FSN's broadcast from what is basically a small, but very well maintained, playing field surrounded by temporary bleachers, but the camera work was frequently poor with the camera often way ahead of play or far behind. Also, the primary camera located at the centerline of the field couldn't pivot into the 2 corners of the field on the same side it was on. Any action there was lost forever. Frustrating.

It was interesting to see USWNT head coach Pia Sundhage in attendance. She sat in the bleachers along with all the other fans. She spent some time signing autographs, etc. & watched whatever she could of the game.

Of special note was the small band of fans in Ft Lauderdale Striker home hoops jerseys that were banging on drums and cheering/chanting for magicJack for the entire game. Finances dictated that I couldn't join them for this game....:(.....But, I'll join them at Lockhart Stadium on the 27th to cheer for the Strikers when they play FC Tampa Bay...the "Rowdies Wannabes"...:D

Hopefully we'll still have a WPS team to cheer for next season, too.

Now it's on to Philadelphia and the semi-final round. Then, hopefully, to Rochester for the final. We can but hope...;)

NJL....:cool:

NeilJLeonard
08-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Interesting transfers:

Alejandro Bedoya & Carlos Bocanegra, both on the USA National Team, join USA team mate Maurice Edu at Glasgow Rangers...:eek:

Both players should be eligible to play for Rangers immediately, both nationally & internationally.

NJL

Buzz
08-19-2011, 01:45 AM
Congratulations to both and best of luck to them. Are Rangers in the CL?

Buzz
08-19-2011, 01:12 PM
The blood sucking Glazers are going to sadle Manchester united with even more debt and sell shares. It is an attempt to raise money to pay off the massive debt the team has accumulated under their management. But only part of the money will go to reducing some of the debt what the rest of the money will go to the Glazers are not saying. Sounds like they are just squeezing as much as they can out of the club before they ruin it for good.

NeilJLeonard
08-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Congratulations to both and best of luck to them. Are Rangers in the CL?
As champions of the SPL, yes.

NJL

Buzz
08-19-2011, 01:51 PM
That shows you how much attention I pay to Scotland. :slinkaway.

NeilJLeonard
08-19-2011, 03:35 PM
That shows you how much attention I pay to Scotland. :slinkaway.
The same here, except for Rangers. They've made a habit of picking up wandering Americans over the past few years....;)

NJL

KHenry14
08-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Well, Robbie Keane made a great debut for the Galaxy last night. He received a great over the top pass from Becks, made a cute move past the Quakes keeper and slipped the ball into the net for a goal in his first goal in the USA! Needless to say, us Galaxy fans are ecstatic over our new striker!

One wonders how good he can be if he has more than 48 hours and one practice to get to know his mates.

Buzz
08-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Here are how the groups for the CL has shaped up:

GROUP A
Bayern, Man City, Napoli, Villarreal

GROUP B
Inter Milan, Trabzonspor, Lillie, CSKA M

GROUP C
Man U, Basel, Benfica, Otelul Galati

GROUP D
Real Madrid, Lyon, Dynamo Z, Ajax

GROUP E
Chesea, Valencia, Laverkusen, Genk

GROUP F
Arsenal, Olympiacos, Dortmund, Marseille

GROUP G
Porto, Zenit, Shaktar, APOEL

GROUP H
Barcelona, BATE, AC Milan, Pizen

Buzz
08-27-2011, 03:57 PM
The Europa League groups looks like this:

GROUP A
Rubin, Spurs, Rovers, PAOK

GROUP B
Vorskia, Hannover, Standard, Kobenhaven

GROUP C
PSV, H. Tel-Aviv, Rapid, Legia

GROUP D
Vaslui, Sporting, Lazio, Zurich

GROUP E
Stoke, M. Tel-Aviv, Dynamo K, Basiktas

GROUP F
Salzburg, PSG, Slovan, Athletic

GROUP G
Malmo, Metalit, AZ, Austria Wien

GROUP H
Birmingham, Maribor, Braga, Brugge

GROUP I
Atletico, Rennes, Udinese, Sion

GROUP J
Schalke, M. Haifa, AEK, Steaua

GROUP K
Twente, OB, Krakow, Fulham

GROUP L
Anderlecht, Lokomotiv M, AEK, Strum

Gil-Galad
08-28-2011, 06:28 PM
London just got a beating of epic proportions from Manchester. First City scores 5 against Tottenham (1 goal), and then United manages a fairy tale 8 - 2 against Arsenal. That means United takes the top spot in the premier league (thought to be nearly impossible after City won with such a large margin).

Buzz
08-28-2011, 07:18 PM
London just got a beating of epic proportions from Manchester. First City scores 5 against Tottenham (1 goal), and then United manages a fairy tale 8 - 2 against Arsenal. That means United takes the top spot in the premier league (thought to be nearly impossible after City won with such a large margin).

I am a Man U fan but I had to double check that score. I just could not believe it at all. Arsenal defeated 8-2! :wideeyes: