PDA

View Full Version : New Juicer - recipe ideas wanted

Angelskates
11-13-2010, 06:21 AM
I just got a new juicer (http://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-za/Products/Smoothies-Juicers-Milkshakes-Ice-Cream-Makers-/Juicers/Vita-Pro-Active-Juicer/). It's very spiffy.

I love to drink fresh juice, but usually stick to the "normal" stuff - apple, orange (which is not ideal in this juicer) etc. My favourite blend (and pretty much the only one I ever have) is apple and watermelon. :swoon:

But, now I have a juicer. I am looking to expand by horizons and explore the fresh juice world :lol: Plus, this juicer takes up a lot of counter space, so I want to use it!

Any ideas? What are your favourite juices?

alhrayth
11-13-2010, 11:59 AM
:cheer:You are not alone! I did not a buy a spiffy new juicer, but discovered we have one in the house (AH! the wonders my attic is hiding. I even brought down a pasta machine...) and I'm really looking forward to trying it... so I'm hoping some FSU have yummy recipes to share with us!

danceronice
11-13-2010, 05:38 PM
I did one I liked involving apples, beets, carrots, and some fresh parsley. But I am quite fond of vegetable juice. (Just mix in whatever proportion you like the first three ingredients, and add a good handful of the parsley. Lots of vitamin C in that.)

Also, when I did vegetable or mostly-vegetable stuff, the way my juicer worked I could save the pulp and use it in things like spaghetti sauces.

KikiSashaFan
11-14-2010, 12:02 AM
One of my favorites is apple, lime and cucumber.

pilgrimsoul
11-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Apple, pineapple, english cucumber and fresh ginger!

joeperryfan
11-14-2010, 10:38 PM
I did one I liked involving apples, beets, carrots, and some fresh parsley. But I am quite fond of vegetable juice. (Just mix in whatever proportion you like the first three ingredients, and add a good handful of the parsley. Lots of vitamin C in that.)

I was going to suggest this juice as well, it's very healthy for your liver btw and it has a great taste. I assume that you peel the beets, so I'll just leave a warning, just in cas someone hasn't handled beets before, they have a very strong pigment that sticks to your skin and usually only disappears overnight.

One of my favorites is apple, lime and cucumber.
This one must be quite nice and fresh, I love limes.

My suggestion: mango and banana.

Angelskates
11-15-2010, 12:50 AM
I have never seen fresh beetroot here, could I use canned?

And can banana go in my juicer or would I have to juice first and then use a blender?

In anticipation of experiments, I've bought: watermelon, lemon, lime, rockmelon/canteloupe, pears, kiwi fruit, red grapefruit, ginger, garlic, parsley, oranges, apples, pineapple, grapes, tomatoes, bananas, celery, lettuce and cucumber. I have strawberries, blackberries, mango, cranberries and raspberries in the freezer. Do I need to thaw the frozen fruit first? Can that be juiced or should I blend it?