PDA

View Full Version : Moore-Towers // Moscovitch

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Fallcolor
11-13-2010, 08:20 PM
When they made their senior debut last year at SC, I thought they were youthful and somewhat fun, but their skating was absolutely terrible. And watching them for the first time last year left a bad taste in my mouth. But this year they have surprised me with how much better they look, especially Kirsten.

But their PCS for a clean program are a tad generous to me. (comparing the SP scores from I/M at SC to them last night...) They seem to share many of the problems that Denney/Barrett have-unfinished moves, body placements not exactly uniform…positions could be more locked in, toe pointed, (I must say though, a few of their lifts are actually quite good!) Their sp, though, is able to mask some of these flaws. As strange as it sounds I think they need to work with or at least get some tips from David Pelletier on overall polish.

And yes i think they can win Cdn nats easily. Consistency in sbs jumps is not a strong trait of our lady pairs skaters anyways...:slinkaway so the doors is very open for them.

cygnus
11-13-2010, 10:05 PM
I don't care if it's real or fake perk, it's annoying. :P

I prefer perk to too much angst (real or fake).

liv
11-13-2010, 11:20 PM
I liked them last year and thought they'd only get better with time. Finally a girl who can land things and a guy who can lift her without looking like he'll drop her (almost too long in my opinion). Compared to D/D, they just look far more stable...emotionally and physically.

Perk? Yeah, she's perky. But at least I don't feel depressed when I watch her, like I do when I see some others skate lately, like Jessica. I don't think she's been really happy skating for a while. I mean, I like a good depression now and again, but the same goes for perk. Hopefully she'll just tone that down a bit and find a happy medium.

I think they have a good future

stjeaskategym
11-14-2010, 12:24 AM
I like Dylan a lot but I really dislike the girl, whatever her name is.

:lol:

Perk? Yeah, she's perky. But at least I don't feel depressed when I watch her, like I do when I see some others skate lately, like Jessica. I don't think she's been really happy skating for a while.

It's not Jessica and Bryce's style to skate to anything perky and be all smiley on the ice. Not to mention, I'm sure it had to have been harder to skate joyously and freely with the pressure building to deliver at a home Olympics. This year could have been a lot more relaxing for them.

blue_idealist
11-14-2010, 02:54 AM
I think they probably will win nationals, unless Duhamel and Radford make major improvements between now and then. Lawrence and Swiegers are their only other major competition, and MT&M seem to be doing better than they are right now.

ice.dance.girl
11-14-2010, 03:14 AM
I love KMT and her natural an honest way of performing, call it perky or whatever, they have lots of fans and it's always great to see them live. There is no doubt that both of them love what they're doing which makes it so much fun to watch.

skategal
11-14-2010, 03:25 AM
M-T/M have definitely established themselves as the 'front-runners' for the national title. Right now, they are competing without too much pressure on them. It will be interesting to see how they compete at Nationals knowing they are the number one team to beat. Some teams can rise to that occasion and some teams crumble under the pressure.

I think M-T/M have improved so much this year. I hope they continue to improve next year as well. They will be fun to watch....and yes, I would put money on them to win Nationals this year. :)

Fashionista
11-14-2010, 11:29 AM
And please can the girl do anything with her madame's hairdo and trashy pink lipstick? She looks tacky.

Allen
11-14-2010, 12:18 PM
I don't see why they won't win Nationals. The international judges seem to really like them, so I feel that might tip the scale in their favor even if they don't skate as well as they did this weekend.

I like them (even thought she's a little too perky), but I can't stand either of their programs and the fact that they completely power through the music. Elements wise I think most of them are strong and their power makes the elements seem really exciting. I appreciate that they do difficult entrances/exits, but in most cases these moves really do not go with the music and seem the be the only really transitions/choreography in the program.

briancoogaert
11-14-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm not a fan, but I'm convinced they can (and will) win Nationals !

mishieru07
11-14-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't care if it's real or fake perk, it's annoying. :P

I like perk when it's not overdone or so obviously faked/trashy it's downright laughable. It's not exactly someone's fault if they're naturally perky in life is it? It's just in their nature, period.

I like them; they actually look like they're genuinely having fun! Kinda like Akiko Suzuki in that respect; she skates with heart. They could use more polish and better packaging for sure, but I think they've improved quite a bit since SC last year. They have a good chance of winning Nats if they can stay consistent and injury free.

For all the talk about lines, posture and polish, it might be worth noting that all of the above are not graded in PCS at all IIRC, at least not explicitly stated. Why the ISU doesn't include it is a mystery to me but there you go.

nubka
11-14-2010, 07:03 PM
When I see them skate, it makes me think of the The Weidermann Twins from The Cutting Edge... :D

javachip
11-14-2010, 10:21 PM
That is too funny...tha's all I can say!

Seerek
11-15-2010, 02:40 AM
Personally, I don't see anything from M-T/M that makes them stand out from Duhamel/Radford, Brodeur/Matatall, etc....but for whatever reason, the judges are "lifting" them to top spot. I wonder how the judging might have been different with the Canadian teams vis a vis each other had Dube/Davison been able to compete this season..

cygnus
11-15-2010, 02:48 AM
Personally, I don't see anything from M-T/M that makes them stand out from Duhamel/Radford, Brodeur/Matatall, etc....but for whatever reason, the judges are "lifting" them to top spot. I wonder how the judging might have been different with the Canadian teams vis a vis each other had Dube/Davison been able to compete this season..

This season, it's because they are landing stuff and the others aren't (except L/S). If Duhamel and Radford start landing the jumps they are capable of doing, they would probably pull ahead on M-T/M- they have much more polish.

But the teknik has to be there.