Pages : [1] 2 3 4

overedge
11-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Oh my....
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20441879,00.html

Wyliefan
11-12-2010, 09:44 PM
They're so little to be going through all this. :(

(Also, "publically" = major pet peeve. :wall: )

Allskate
11-12-2010, 09:45 PM
How do six year-olds get expelled from school? That's sad. :(

Beefcake
11-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Hang in there, kids, you didn't ask for this.

The Gosselin camp calling something (anything!) "a private matter" is ... just ... :wideeyes: ironic.

Prancer
11-12-2010, 09:55 PM
The Gosselin camp calling something (anything!) "a private matter" is ... just ... :wideeyes: ironic.

Why do so many people not get that the phrase "when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks back into you" applies perfectly to the media?

FiveRinger
11-13-2010, 12:53 AM

This. I can't imagine what it is a 6 year old can do to get expelled (not suspended) from school. I know that I'm being nosy as hell, but my curiosity has got the best of me.......

Prancer
11-13-2010, 12:59 AM
This. I can't imagine what it is a 6 year old can do to get expelled (not suspended) from school. I know that I'm being nosy as hell, but my curiosity has got the best of me.......

Violence and bullying, according to the article.

Do note, however, that they were expelled from a private school, which is usually a little different from being expelled from a public school.

nerdycool
11-13-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm curious as well, but if the reports are true about the bullying and violence, then that could be the answer. Especially since bullying is such a hot topic recently, I think some schools might be adopting a no-tolerance policy... even if it does come from a 6 year old.

FiveRinger
11-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Violence and bullying, according to the article.

Do note, however, that they were expelled from a private school, which is usually a little different from being expelled from a public school.

I should have made my question a little clearer. What kind of bullying/violence would or could a 6 year old even conceive of? I realize that children emulate what they see, but as far as I knew, there wasn't any of that in the household, or was it?

I would have thought that there had to be more than one incident or issue that would warrant expulsion. I guess that's why I'm so shocked. Was this a one time occurrence of bullying/violence, or has this been ongoing?

nerdycool
11-13-2010, 01:34 AM
I would have thought that there had to be more than one incident or issue that would warrant expulsion. I guess that's why I'm so shocked. Was this a one time occurrence of bullying/violence, or has this been ongoing?According to the National Enquirer (so consider the source), one of the girls was suspended for 2 weeks after hitting a classmate. I would assume this is Alexis. Honestly, I'm not sure about the report, because IMHO, 2 weeks is a little steep for a 6 year old hitting a classmate. Unless, this was a repeat offense. So I don't know.

AxelAnnie
11-13-2010, 02:10 AM

Well, assuming they didn't bring a toy gun or something....probably fighting (with each other). Repeatedly. Both these two are stubborn and headstrong. (Collin especially). The school may have instituted a "no tolerance" policy about hitting or "bullying"...and as we have seen with several kids being expelled for things like hugging (sexual abuse), using your hand as a gun (violence)....it may be as simple as that.

Kids hit. They act out. I don't think a 6 year old can really bully, though.

But, I must say, that a school doesn't expel a kid (and they go to a religious private school - right?) without a lot of discussion with the parent(s).

They didn't need this for sure.

Wyliefan
11-13-2010, 02:25 AM
When I used to watch the show -- and these days I feel guilty that I ever did :shuffle: -- I was partial to Alexis. I hate to think what's going on inside her mind, and Colin's, to make them act out like this. There's something really wrong when six year olds have "rage issues," as some of the reports put it.

BigB08822
11-13-2010, 02:41 AM
I should have made my question a little clearer. What kind of bullying/violence would or could a 6 year old even conceive of? I realize that children emulate what they see, but as far as I knew, there wasn't any of that in the household, or was it?

I would have thought that there had to be more than one incident or issue that would warrant expulsion. I guess that's why I'm so shocked. Was this a one time occurrence of bullying/violence, or has this been ongoing?

Their mother is the biggest bully around. They watched her bully their father for years growing up. I don't find this shocking AT ALL. I have no doubt they learned it from home and more specifically from their mother.

JumpinBug
11-13-2010, 03:34 AM
Kids hit. They act out. I don't think a 6 year old can really bully, though.

They really can. Much of it is learned behaviour from siblings and parents, but as a teacher I've seen bullying behaviour from Kindergarten on up. They choose a target, then make life hell for that other kid. It almost always is understandable upon meeting the parents...

FiveRinger
11-13-2010, 04:29 AM
Their mother is the biggest bully around. They watched her bully their father for years growing up. I don't find this shocking AT ALL. I have no doubt they learned it from home and more specifically from their mother.

When you put it like that, I kind of see your point. I just always thought of it as full-on bitch mode, but you're right when you say she's a bully.