PDA

View Full Version : What brings out the most venom on FSU?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Accordion
11-11-2010, 04:17 PM
So FSU is known for snark and I think for many people it can be quite a bit of fun in a sport we tend to take pretty seriously.

But then there are posts filled with something much stronger - loathing of sorts - made about certain skaters, federations or events.

So my question is - what do you think brings out the most venom in posters?

A skater/skaters they don't like succeeding or scoring well?

A style or choreography they don't like or a program or skate they don't think is good - scoring well?

In general mis scored PCS

Falls not affecting the marks enough

A skater/s being marked higher than the poster feels they should be? (intensified when it is consistent across competitions)

A skater(s) beating their favourite(s)?

A skater(s) who says things to the press/publicly that the poster doesn't like - too arrogant, disrespectful of other skaters etc.

Behaviour that posters don't like (particularly on or near the podium)

Skaters from countries they don't like or whom they resent for whatever reason (They think Russian dancers or pairs always win regardless, Canadians are overmarked, the Israelis bought the judges etc.)

When skaters are not original or voidy- in their music choices, choreography

Bad costumes

Bad posture / toe point / line

Skaters who don't look the way posters think they should - bad hair, too heavy etc

Others?

ciocio
11-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Skaters from countries they don't like or whom they resent for whatever reason (They think Russian dancers or pairs always win regardless, Canadians are overmarked, the Israelis bought the judges etc.)

Thatīs what I hate most, here on FSU or on other forums. Iīve met posters who openly recognized that they dislike skaters because their nationality and I think itīs very sad!:slinkaway:(:blah:

JerseySlore
11-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Skater fat.

taf2002
11-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Michelle Kwan.

Purple.

genevieve
11-11-2010, 05:13 PM
wedding threads

AliasJohnDoe
11-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Over the boot tights!!!! They grate me more than wire hangers!!!!

DickButtonFan
11-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Plush (I got a bad rep once cuz I said I liked him :D )

museksk8r
11-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Over-the-top uber fandom of a certain skater to the point where a poster is always, always trying to slam their god's/goddess's competitors and when said poster is completely blind to his god's/goddess's flaws and faults.

The Accordion
11-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Plush (I got a bad rep once cuz I said I liked him :D )

Haha
I almost made skaters being Chan / Plush / Lysacek one of the options!

museksk8r
11-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Yes, it's funny how you can't dislike Evan without his fans thinking you are a Johnny or Evgeni uber. It's like it never occurred to them that maybe some posters don't like any of them skating-wise. :lol: Likewise, if you dislike Sasha or Tara or Sarah, you must be a Michelle uber. :P

So, that would be another option, when people make false assumptions about other peoples' posts.

Ituriel
11-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Mao vs. Yu Na crazy war :drama:

6.0 vs. CoP insane war :COP:

Russia vs. rest of the world :skandal

Canada vs. rest of the world :skandal

Dirty judges :judge:

politics politics politics :soapbox:... Damn, I love it! :2faced:

danceronice
11-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Evan Lysacek.

rfisher