PDA

View Full Version : What brings out the most venom on FSU?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Rex
11-18-2010, 12:48 PM
This forum generally promotes hateful behavior and commentary in the guise of "wit and humor." Such comments reflect more on the posters' self-loathing rather than the actual skaters - A reason why I only have 400 or so posts since 2002.
That's my fave thing about this board!!! Can't take that away!

:cheer: 20,000 posts :cheer:

allezfred
11-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Gee, I thought your advice was to all live in crowded congested cities, where I would not be able to go far with my dog, and where we all could ride trains. I, on the other hand, and according to you, believe that everyone should live as I do. In a quiet, peaceful place. :P

No, my advice was to get out of the kitchen. Didn't do you much good by the sound of things. :P

Ziggy, FrauMuller, alllezfred, MarieM, Andrey aka Pushkin, Asli... FSU woudn't be the same without them

Sandwiched between FrauMuller and MarieM. :yikes:

;)

attyfan
11-18-2010, 02:10 PM

:cheer: 20,000 posts :cheer:

Mazel tov!!!!

cruisin
11-18-2010, 02:23 PM
No, my advice was to get out of the kitchen. Didn't do you much good by the sound of things. :P

You win, I'm bored.

olympic
11-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Ok, then we have a disaster in the making. Let's say that Patrick and Brian start talking about each other again during a competition. Let's also imagine that Johnny Weir is there commenting on their "showdown." Of course, Patrick, the outspoken guy that he is, would comment on Johnny's commentary. FSU would have a long long thread on this. That would eventually have to be closed by an admin.

Unfortunately, I couldn't bring Evgeny into this imaginary scenario. Too bad.

How about -

Brian Joubert commenting on Patrick Chan's scores and saying Chan's skating is not butch enough to merit those scores. Patrick says that Joubert and the French need to show better decorum. Johnny suggests in an interview a few days later that they are both in-the-closet, Lady Gaga lovin' cross dressers. Meanwhile, Plushenko gets reinstated and wins the very next GP event beating all 3 of them with no transitions :P

Nan
11-18-2010, 06:00 PM
How about -

Brian Joubert commenting on Patrick Chan's scores and saying Chan's skating is not butch enough to merit those scores. Patrick says that Joubert and the French need to show better decorum. Johnny suggests in an interview a few days later that they are both in-the-closet, Lady Gaga lovin' cross dressers. Meanwhile, Plushenko gets reinstated and wins the very next GP event beating all 3 of them with no transitions :P

That already happened, didn't it?? ;)

Rex
11-18-2010, 06:59 PM
John Baldwin.

DarrellH
11-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Any skater who uses the adjectives 'manly' or 'masculine' even once in an interview is doomed.

What if they say "I like manly men?":P

olympic
11-18-2010, 10:29 PM
That already happened, didn't it?? ;)

LOL. That is true....kinda

DORISPULASKI
11-19-2010, 12:54 AM
For reasons I , as a non British person, do not understand, British ice dance threads have often had to be closed at an alarming rate.

And then there's poor old John Baldwin.

cruisin
11-19-2010, 01:05 AM
And then there's poor old John Baldwin.

I really don't understand all of the venom toward John.

The Accordion
11-19-2010, 01:55 AM
Among other things - John dares to do what some people consider unspeakable - skate while not being beautiful.

Male skaters who are bald or don't have great bodies or faces seem to be as fair game as female skaters with bad hair or bigger legs or hips or who are unattractive.

Yes I know there are other things people don't like about him - but I have noticed some posters just be incredibly nasty about skaters they do not think are good looking - about their looks specifically.

Then again- as mentioned above - some posters are also nasty about the especially beautiful ones.

So I guess anyone who is below a 6 or above a 9 is a potential victim!

cruisin
11-19-2010, 02:37 AM
Among other things - John dares to do what some people consider unspeakable - skate while not being beautiful.

Male skaters who are bald or don't have great bodies or faces seem to be as fair game as female skaters with bad hair or bigger legs or hips or who are unattractive.

Yes I know there are other things people don't like about him - but I have noticed some posters just be incredibly nasty about skaters they do not think are good looking - about their looks specifically.

Then again- as mentioned above - some posters are also nasty about the especially beautiful ones.

So I guess anyone who is below a 6 or above a 9 is a potential victim!

Yeah, I just don't get the :lynch: for John. He's a really nice person.

quartz
11-19-2010, 03:11 AM
maybe we could ask the question, "what doesn't bring out the venom?"
naaahhh....on second thought we would all be bored to tears in about 3 posts.......

REO
11-19-2010, 04:25 AM
It's called debate. Just because you can't put a coherent argument together and not contradict yourself five millions times in the same thread, it does not mean that someone is being venomous when they call you on it. This is a discussion forum after all.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen innit. :smokin:

Your post proved her point. Debate is not twisting words and being a smartass. It's showing reasons why your views are right and the opponent is wrong. ;)