PDA

View Full Version : CMA Awards: Youth invasion / Reba McIntire belting out "If I Were a Boy"

Pages : 1 [2]

numbers123
11-12-2010, 02:54 AM
I watched and thought the music was awful, not so much for the singing or the artists because no one could hear them over the loud instrumentals. I am not a country music fan and knew some of the artists because of the crossover effect. Still if I hadn't known the lyrics to those songs, there would have been no way to have heard them.

shan
11-12-2010, 02:58 AM
Second favorite was Jennifer Nettles. She's off her rocker and I love it.

What on earth was she wearing during her performance? :yikes:

BigB08822
11-12-2010, 03:40 AM
The music was AWFUL! Again, not the actual songs, vocals, etc but because the instruments were so loud. I could not understand most of the vocals over all the loud background music. I hoped it was only the first number and that it would be worked out but it never was.

Nettles was wearing some really fugly white leggings, haha. I love her voice and country twang, though. She seems like a lot of fun.

Wyliefan
11-12-2010, 03:44 AM
And she put on a tutu at the very end, didn't she? :lol: I got home and put the TV on just in time to see that part. Didn't get a close look, but it looked like some sort of tutu.

BigB08822
11-12-2010, 03:51 AM
The tutu was part of the performance. She started out as a ballerina being wound up, like in a music box. Then she stepped from behind the tutu and performed the song. At the end she stepped back behind the tutu so that it looked like she was wearing a tutu. It worked when you saw the entire performance. Not sure if I "got" the ballerina part considering the song, but ok!

Wyliefan
11-12-2010, 03:57 AM
At least it sounds like it made more sense than that nutty music video they did for the song. I hate it when music videos have zero relation to the lyrics.

dbell1
11-12-2010, 04:49 AM
Been a country fan for many years, and a Lambert fan since "Kerosene". Glad to see Miranda finally getting award recognition, her CD was amazing.

I thought Reba sucked. It was horrid. Song is too young for her and if that's her idea of staying relevant, she's way off base. Reminds me of Dolly Parton in the 90's trying to be cutesy.

Since when is an artist like Vince Gill the backup musician for Gwyneth "all the little people love me" Paltrow? :wall: This is a sign of the end of the world.

Taylor was pretty good, I may go download the new CD now. :shuffle: Maybe she needs to sit down at a piano more?

snoopy
11-12-2010, 07:34 PM
I thought Reba sucked. It was horrid. Song is too young for her and if that's her idea of staying relevant, she's way off base. Reminds me of Dolly Parton in the 90's trying to be cutesy.

Yeah, I didn't think the song suited her either. Reba did a duet with someone - can't remember who - a few years ago on the CMA, a similar type of cheating song, and NAILED that one IMO. That one was definitely a performance I was glad to see. But Beyonce's voice is just so perfect for If I Were a Boy, I just kept wishing I was listening to her instead.

AragornElessar
11-12-2010, 07:44 PM
I also know who Rascal Flatts are, because they are DREADFUL. Tom Cochrane's Life Is A Highway isn't the greatest song to begin with (even if I love it :o), but they took all the good out of it in their cover.

I so wish I could rep you!!! I love Tom's version, but RF needed to have something done to them for that wretched cover of it they did. Ick ick ick!!!

As Gwyneth...She's just been diagnosised w/Osteopenia, so the comments about how being so stick thin can't be healthy are right on target!! I actually read a doctor somewhere saying that while they admired her for being Vegan, she's also the Poster Child for taking it too far the wrong way.