PDA

View Full Version : Sinead re-injured, the Kerrs to miss CoR and British Nats

Pages : 1 2 [3]

The Accordion
11-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Awwww- I am so sad for the Kerrs when this year is such a perfect year for them to move up into the top rankings and get more recognition in the post Olympic season. I hope they stay longer than this year too.

IneZR
11-11-2010, 03:59 PM
about Shabalin, I read it in a forum, maybe I lost something in traslation

But Novitiski said in every interview that his injury was caused by the car accident

http://ptichkafs.livejournal.com/49607.html

Thanks, I didn't know about that.

Here is wishing Sinead a speedy recovery!

piano18
11-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Yes, Novitski's car accident damaged his knee and head, Jana bruised knee http://eastonice.free.fr/khokhlova-novitski/press/e1.html

By the way, Khokhlova and Novitski, could’ve missed the Worlds. After they came back from Torino, they performed at the shows in Moscow and St. Petersburg with the rest of the skaters from the national team. They decided to decline the second show in Moscow, set for March 10th. They went to Novogorsk to continue practicing. During their first day, they got into a bad accident returning home to Moscow late at night. Sergei started passing the huge track that suddenly blocked the road, and he didn’t noticed that a road was blocked by one more car just like that. He hit it with a pretty good speed. Jana was sitting next to him. She was buckled up and almost didn’t suffer. She got off easy, bruising her knee. The driver’s side was hit much harder. The skaters’ Ford was totaled. Novitski badly damaged his knees, and despite the airbags, hit his head against the windshield. According to Svinin, when he saw the skater several hours later, he looked like he had two heads.

and this was back in 2007 :eek: I had no idea about this until reading it few months ago.

Asli
11-11-2010, 11:53 PM
:( about Sinead!

The field is weak enough as it is. We don't need to lose one of the few couples capable of interpreting their dances!

Krylova permanently damaged her back in the days before CoP, I remember Beanie missing most of a season with a serious injury to something, and Naomi Lang was out as much as she was in. Didn't Averbukh also have a bad knee?

Some of those injuries were freak accidents though. Krylova fell backwards out of the rink because someone left the door open and Albena's leg was sliced by Tchernyshev's blade during warm-up. IMO the CoP does force the skaters to do lifts that are too acrobatic for ice dance.

Ziggy
11-12-2010, 01:45 AM
I think that Kerrs are going to stay until 2012.

If it was only for this season, I would image that they would have quit now, having suffered such a serious setback.

Lanie
11-12-2010, 03:41 AM
In an interview with IceNetwork they said this is definitely their last season. :(

Bournekraatzfan
11-12-2010, 04:56 AM
Thanks for letting us know, mia joy. This is so sad--I wish her a speedy recovery.
btw, I was at SC and thought that even with the problems they were a pleasure to watch--they really reach out to the audience like no other team. I adore these two and hope they can get back to skating very soon.
Also, John is the sweetest--I saw him coming out of the backstage area looking for Sinead and he stopped to chat with fans and sign autographs and pose for photos. He was so genuine in his interactions with people. He was just so friendly and seemed so happy to be there. I wish I'd had a chance to see Sinead, as she seems lovely as well.

victoriajh
11-12-2010, 05:00 AM
I think that Kerrs are going to stay until 2012.

i must be tired when i saw this I was thinking well of course they do the olympics are in LONDON that year :lol:

miffy
11-12-2010, 08:12 AM
In an interview with IceNetwork they said this is definitely their last season. :(

I still don't believe it! :2faced:

Ankka
11-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Oh dear, horrible news again! :(

The thing with any sport requiring a lot of flexibility and putting a lot of stress on the joints really is that because of having to extend your joints and muscles to the very maximum (and sometimes almost beyond) means that your joints and muscles are more prone to injuries. And for those who are naturally hyperflexible the risk is actually bigger because it usually indicates tissue weakness of some sort.

Simone411
11-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Really sad news and I hope Sinead is better soon. :( I read at Sinead & John's website that they do intend to compete at Europeans. Anyway, I wish them nothing but the best. :respec:

kittyjake5
11-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Wishing Sinead a speedy recovery and fingers crossed that she will be recovered in time for Europeans and Worlds. Love the Kerrs SD and FD.

blue_idealist
11-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Aww that's too bad. I hope they are fine by Europeans.