PDA

View Full Version : Sinead re-injured, the Kerrs to miss CoR and British Nats

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Jot the Dot Dot
11-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Love their skating, and love her voice & accent. Such a dedicated bro & sis team, hope she recovers soon and fully.

victoriaheidi
11-11-2010, 02:06 AM
I'm so going to miss that SD. And, of course, the Kerrs-I think they're very talented.

And yeah, I was really surprised when they got the silver at SC.

Lacey
11-11-2010, 03:15 AM
Knowing about the first shoulder injury, I kept watching and watching, hoping nothing would happen and yet also being amazed that nothing did happen. I hope it heals.

Finnice
11-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Too bad! Quick recovery to Sinead!

umronnie
11-11-2010, 08:42 AM
I think all the contortions "required" by CoP, plus very complex lifts, are causing way too many injuries.
Skaters have always been injuring themselves, but had there ever been so many injuries in Ice Dance?

IneZR
11-11-2010, 09:32 AM
I think all the contortions "required" by CoP, plus very complex lifts, are causing way too many injuries.
Skaters have always been injuring themselves, but had there ever been so many injuries in Ice Dance?

Couldn't agree more. This is so sad to see so many talented ice dancers injuring themselves and being forced to skip competitions or even worse - end their career. :(

Max Shabalin - knee injury, Tessa Virtue - chronic exertional compartment syndrome, Sergei Novitski - knee injury, Evan Bates - left Achilles tendon injury, Isabel Delobel - shoulder injury, Ben Agosto - back problems, Anna Zadorozhniuk - back problems - the list could go on and on and on. It seems like these days ice dancing is even more traumatizing than pairs skating!

taz'smum
11-11-2010, 10:15 AM
This leaves British Nationals in the very embarrassing position of only having 2 Senior Dance couples! :shuffle:

NISA, what have you done to British Ice Dance?? :wall:

Zemgirl
11-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Couldn't agree more. This is so sad to see so many talented ice dancers injuring themselves and being forced to skip competitions or even worse - end their career. :(

Max Shabalin - knee injury, Tessa Virtue - chronic exertional compartment syndrome, Sergei Novitski - knee injury, Evan Bates - left Achilles tendon injury, Isabel Delobel - shoulder injury, Ben Agosto - back problems, Anna Zadorozhniuk - back problems - the list could go on and on and on. It seems like these days ice dancing is even more traumatizing than pairs skating!
CoP dance does appear to be more physically demanding, but I really don't see how the injuries suffered by Evan Bates (freak accident) or Isabel Delobel (injured doing a gala program) could possibly be blamed on the requirements of the system.

Really sad about Sinead and John; I hope they'll have successful return at Euros.

mia joy
11-11-2010, 12:42 PM
I have never believed they will retire after this season! :P Euros in Sheffield next season?!

I still don't believe they will. This whole "this is their last season" is such a speculation. Neither of them has said anything about it yet. But I am pretty sure they will want to say goodbye to the British audience at Sheffield Euros, especially that they're gonna miss a big part of this season. They love people who love them and if audiences all over the world go crazy about them, just think how crazy the British audience will get. I wouldn't want to miss that if I were them ;)

paskatefan
11-11-2010, 01:02 PM
So bummed out about this news. :eek: :( May Sinead have a full & speedy recovery. Love this team so much!

Ituriel
11-11-2010, 01:07 PM
CoP dance does appear to be more physically demanding, but I really don't see how the injuries suffered by Evan Bates (freak accident) or Isabel Delobel (injured doing a gala program) could possibly be blamed on the requirements of the system.

... and Shabalin's injury was caused by a skiing accident, and Novitski was injured in a car crash.

So sad for the Kerrs, :( and I'll miss them to much. I wish to see them in Sheffield too.

I hope they will be healthy for Berna.

PRlady
11-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Krylova permanently damaged her back in the days before CoP, I remember Beanie missing most of a season with a serious injury to something, and Naomi Lang was out as much as she was in. Didn't Averbukh also have a bad knee?

In other words, Cop hasn't made it any easier but the constant stress on the joints seems to be part of the sport and even young, healthy, flexible people eventually show the strain. :(

IneZR
11-11-2010, 01:33 PM
... and Shabalin's injury was caused by a skiing accident, and Novitski was injured in a car crash.

Where did you get this info from? :confused: Shabalin actually had surgeries on both of his knees and neither of them was caused by the ski accident. He underwent meniscus surgery on his right knee in the 2007 off-season. But as the season progressed it turned out that Maxim also needed surgery on the meniscus in his left knee. He had his second surgery in December 2007, so they had to skip Russian Nationals, because Maxim needed time to recover. Then they won gold at the 2008 European Championships, but Maxim re-injured his left knee AGAIN, which caused them to withdraw from 2008 Worlds.

Novitski's problems with knees had nothing to do with the car crash: Sergei has been struggling with knee injuries FOR YEARS. Unfortunately this is a very typical injury for male ice dancers, because the pressure on meniscus is HUGE. I don't remember exactly which year was it, but I believe that Fabian Bourzat also had a surgery on his knee some time ago.

Ituriel
11-11-2010, 02:49 PM
about Shabalin, I read it in a forum, maybe I lost something in traslation

But Novitiski said in every interview that his injury was caused by the car accident

http://ptichkafs.livejournal.com/49607.html

You're right, high pressure made the injury worse

Frau Muller
11-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Oh no!!!! That's too bad. I hope that they're well enough in time for Euros.