PDA

View Full Version : Rachael Flatt Going to Debutant Ball

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Wyliefan
11-10-2010, 02:23 PM
I hope they have a great time. I want to see lots of pictures. :)

kwanette
11-10-2010, 04:09 PM
No, there's no subterfuge here. I just think that both of them have inflated opinions of themselves, that's all.

Sorry, I don't see how Rachael has an inflated ego. I really think that this young lady is a wunderkind of sorts and is involved in a great deal and what she does she does pretty darn well.

Ziggy
11-10-2010, 05:02 PM
But a great skater will get high scores for a lousy program. :confused:

Only both of Chan's programs were actually very good.

I feel really sorry for you people for whom a fall means you're not able to see anything that is done afterwards (and you forget everything that has been done before). :P

Don't be mindless! Your mind is naturally attracted to it much more than to anything else that is being done, but if you try hard you can actually maintain your focus and start noticing everything else as well. :P

merrywidow
11-10-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm another who doesn't get it. They train on the same ice, see each other often, share an interest in skating competitively so what's wrong with it? Please explain why you object to their friendship? Is it a racial bias? I think they'll make an attractive couple at the Ball.

RockTheTassel
11-10-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm another who doesn't get it. They train on the same ice, see each other often, share an interest in skating competitively so what's wrong with it? Please explain why you object to their friendship? Is it a racial bias? I think they'll make an attractive couple at the Ball.

I think it's because some consider debutante balls to be ridiculous and Rachael and Patrick are two skaters who are often ridiculed here. I suppose the idea of them going to this ball together is amusing to some. :rolleyes:

I hope Patrick and Rachael have a good time. I'd love to see pictures, too. :)

danceronice
11-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Sorry, I don't see how Rachael has an inflated ego. I really think that this young lady is a wunderkind of sorts and is involved in a great deal and what she does she does pretty darn well.

Seriously. And what does "inflated opinion" have to do with a debutante ball? They're a little ARCHAIC, as there's no 'society' to speak of any more (at least not with any standards--Rachel's too classy, if anything), but how does that imply she and/or Patrick have some sort of ego?

I also assumed the point was 'tee-hee, who's the girl here' sense. (I have no idea if Patrick's gay or not. Or for that matter if Rachel's straight! None of my business.) Even if he is (or she is--why are we always picking on the men?) what would that stop them from going out together to have a good time? There's no law against having a night out unless you're dating the person.

Polymer Bob
11-10-2010, 06:20 PM
I feel really sorry for you people for whom a fall means you're not able to see anything that is done afterwards (and you forget everything that has been done before). :P

Actually, I believe falls should not ruin a program. Skating should not just be about jumping. ( In fact, I'm not totally convinced we need jumping at all. )

peibeck
11-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Actually, I believe falls should not ruin a program. Skating should not just be about jumping. ( In fact, I'm not totally convinced we need jumping at all. )

Which is why we have Ice Dance as a discipline! ;)

pinky166
11-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Aw, that's cute. I want to see pictures, I bet they will both look really cute. I didn't know they were friends but it makes me have a better opinion of Patrick now that I know they are, Rachael seems like a lovely girl with a good head on her shoulders.

UGG
11-10-2010, 10:55 PM
I don't get this thread. I would go to a ball if I could LOL. I think it sounds fun!

AliasJohnDoe
11-11-2010, 12:01 AM
I don't get this thread. I would go to a ball if I could LOL. I think it sounds fun!

You can't go!!! You have floors to scrub, windows to wash, wood to cut and beds to make!!!

...And did you shine my shoes!!! :HA!:

RD
11-11-2010, 01:49 AM

Same here. I'm completely lost. If they want to go, let them go...??

Aussie Willy
11-11-2010, 02:33 AM
Hmmmmmmm ............ Purple?

I kind of expected photos and to see Rachel all dressed up.

bookworm
11-11-2010, 05:41 PM
I think it sounds like fun. There's nothing wrong with going to a ball.

I'd like to see photos!

DarrellH
11-11-2010, 09:28 PM
You can't go!!! You have floors to scrub, windows to wash, wood to cut and beds to make!!!

"In my own little corner
In my own little chair
I can be whatever I want to be...":D