PDA

View Full Version : Davison Out For The Season - Dube To Skate Singles

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

kimkom
11-09-2010, 01:17 AM
http://www.brandonsun.com/sports/breaking-news/davison-out-for-season-after-knee-surgery-pairs-partner-dube-to-skate-singles-106923758.html?viewAllComments=y

Sad for them, but :eek: about Dube skating singles again! It's a good way to keep training while Bryce recovers, I supppose.

Ziggy
11-09-2010, 01:22 AM
That's extremely serious.

I doubt he's going to return to competitive skating.

I mean it's very much possible (cue Shen/Zhao) but after 3 months hardly moving his leg, it's going to take him an extremely long time to return to shape.

brina
11-09-2010, 01:23 AM
Wow, good luck to her. I hope he recovers fully and quickly!

Jun Y
11-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Broken bone chip in the knee joint. I had that 18 years ago. I did not have surgery (since I was and am no athlete) but they put my knee in a cast for 6 weeks. It took me months afterward to get over the limp, but eventually it recovered to normal (sort of). I don't think the injury itself is necessarily fatal to his career but who knows ...

vmfan89
11-09-2010, 01:34 AM
So sorry to here about Bryce, I hope he can recover and that this won't end his skating career.

If Jessica does singles, do you think she might be able to qualify for worlds or four continents considering the caliber of the women's field in Canada without Joannie?

kates8
11-09-2010, 01:41 AM
Sorry to hear about Bryce :(. Just wondering if Jessica did Sectionals in singles? Doesn't one have toqualify in Sectionals to go to Challenge?

genevieve
11-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Wow, I didn't realize Bryce had had such a serious injury. Best of luck to Jessica.

ETA: and to Bryce, of course

Ziggy
11-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Sorry to hear about Bryce :(. Just wondering if Jessica did Sectionals in singles? Doesn't one have toqualify in Sectionals to go to Challenge?

I would imagine they'd give her a bye.

JerseySlore
11-09-2010, 01:48 AM
Dube has all triples up to lutz, no? Her speed and carriage are superior to most Canadian ladies barring Rochette, so she should be in contention.

dramagrrl
11-09-2010, 01:52 AM
This makes me extremely sad. I know I'm in the vast minority here, but now that S&Z are retired, D&D were by far my favourite pair, and they were one of the few teams I was actually looking forward to seeing in this season's very depleted field. :(

Norlite
11-09-2010, 01:52 AM
The article said she skated singles in jr. but I'm sure she skated senior ladies last Canadians I was at. Ottawa, 05 maybe?

I might be wrong and it was only Bryce?

LilJen
11-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Ouch, that's definitely worse than the vague "knee injury" we'd heard about. Poor Bryce.

How long has it been since Jessica did singles? A couple of seasons?

alilou
11-09-2010, 01:57 AM
This makes me extremely sad. I know I'm in the vast minority here, but now that S&Z are retired, D&D were by far my favourite pair, and they were one of the few teams I was actually looking forward to seeing in this season's very depleted field. :(

Me too :(

halffull
11-09-2010, 01:58 AM
Best of luck for a full recovery to Bryce.

Intersting training if Jessica does singles, she and Cynthia would really push each other I hope.

lowtherlore
11-09-2010, 02:03 AM
It seems the couple has had their share of injuries and accidents.
We’ve seen quite many injuries and surgeries this season so far. Lepisto, Nagasu, Bates, Virtue and now Davison, to name a few. Nothing would be more frustrating for the athletes than being sidelined for a long period with a serious injury. Wish a fast and complete recovery for each of them.
Best wishes for Dube, too.